Friday, May 25, 2007

So far, so good!

Here we are, in sunny Salt Lake City. There are ups and there are definitely downs to traveling with a baby. Getting here was pretty good. I am so grateful for my husband! Our flight was absolutely packed, so Teah sat on my lap. I heard from EVERYONE that I should nurse my baby on take off and landing to reduce the ear-popping thing. Tried that...even though she hadn't nursed in three and a half hours, she wasn't really into it. There were REALLY loud announcements on the PA, people all around (yes, we were in the window seat) and, generally, a noisy atmosphere. Oh well - out with the Gerber Fruit Puffs! (I love those things.) At least she was swallowing. My Magic Will ended up in the back of the plane for about half an hour, holding her while she slept. He finally told me his secret - if you hold her while she's falling asleep, she really enjoys pinching the back of your arm. (If you've never been pinched back there, go ahead, right now, and give it a try. I'll wait. See? It REALLY hurts!) He said give her three good pinches, and she'll fall asleep.

So, the flight was pretty good. Getting luggage was fun - our flight was clearly marked as having luggage on Carousel 8. So, of course, it was all on Carousel 7. We gathered up our small suitcase, large suitcase and car seat, put Teah in the stroller and met David (Will's Dad.)

David and Elsie were SO thrilled to see Teah. I don't know if she's ever had more fun as a houseguest! If she would let them, I'm sure they'd jump up and down and make monkey noises all day just to please her. She was just howling with laughter at dinner last night.

We got all settled in last night. Teah has a room to herself, with a futon mattress on the floor. We brought one of her blankets, a little music maker, and her "BoBo Bunny" from home, which seems to help. Ma made a delicious chinese dinner - chicken, asparagus, garlic shrimp and carrot and pork soup. So yummy! After that, we went out to try to get a golf club for David's birthday present. He couldn't decide, so he and Will will have to go back later. Teah only woke up twice last night. Unfortunately, her cries carry all through the house, so Ma and Da and Mom and Dad all woke up twice last night, too! Oh well.

This morning, Will and David went out to play tennis. Will was so happy - I guess playing with Jayson has paid off, because he really whomped on his Dad. Even David commented on how improved Will's game is. (Thanks, Jayson!) We all got hair cuts this morning, and Will and I split a bottle of hair dye. My colour is closer to Teah's now - lighter. Will's...didn't change even a little bit. Ha! But it was fun seeing him get his hair done. ;-) After that, we all got dressed and went off to see David at work at his engraving shop, then to Costco for lunch. Tonight, we will go out for Chinese food to celebrate David's 60th birthday!

That's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite the trip! Glad everyone is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!