Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bowling for Babies!

Ok, so we didn't actually win any babies....but we did go bowling!

Will's friend works for a company that sponsored a bowling event on Saturday. We decided to join them, and took Teah with us. Not only does my baby love Casinos, she also loves bowling alleys. She was so good. We bowled for two hours, two and a half games. My first game was awful - really, really awful. I think I got more gutter balls than pin hits! I was pretty disappointed...then I started using a heavier ball. My number of gutter balls went down dramatically, but I never did break 100.

Will, on the other hand, did AMAZING. He broke his personal best, scoring 186 on his first game. He was so excited! Teah just enjoyed playing with the buttons on the scoring console. :-)

At the end of the bowling time, there were prizes to be had. Will scored the highest on any one game, but another player had a higher combined score, so he won a gift certificate. One woman won for best improved game from the first to the second. And me? I won a $15 gift certificate for Babies 'R' Us for (get this) Most Gutter Balls! See? I knew I couldn't be so bad for nothing. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I bowled 186. I got 4 strikes in a row. That's called a four baggers. I wasn't sure about that. But I didn't win any gift certs. Yikes! I learned an important lesson today. You might not really get any prizes, even if you won the game.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!