Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

This is DH's first Father's Day. (In Blogland, DH is Dear Husband!) Happy Father's Day! He got quite the royal treatment today. We started off the morning with some chocolate chip waffles with strawberries and cantaloupe on the side. He went to church early to practice with the choir while I got Teah ready to go. At church, the choir sang about fathers AND the Primary kids sang their Father's Day songs. (I wanted to cry! They're so cute!) During the third hour, the Primary presented all of the Dads with candy leis. So cute! There was a little poem attached:

Each Dad in our ward has his own special style.
To list all their talents would take quite a while.

We have contractors, accountants, mechanics, engineers,
Some work with their hands, some sit on their rears.

We have Dads that are skinny and some that are stout,
We've got quite a few with their hair falling out!

Our Dads are our buddies, our mentors, and tutors,
And one day they'll be good at scaring off suitors!

So, we want you to know, you deserve an A plus!
You're the best Dad we know, YOU'RE SPECIAL TO US!

See??? Isn't that just the cutest??!

After church, I made Will a nice lunch (at least, nicer than our usual grilled cheese!) We had spaghetti and stuffed mushrooms. Oh, and Will thought I looked especially nice today - I wore my hair down. (Anyone with a baby could tell you why my hair has been in a perma-tail for approximately the past 9 months. ;-) And belive me, I gotmy fair share of yanks today!)

Tonight, we were off to my parents' house to celebrate Father's Day with them. So much fun!

Oh, and Teah's present to her Daddy was a little montage of pictures...of her. :-) It's for his desk at work.

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! Teah. I love the pictures. You are the best baby ever! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!