Ok, so if that didn't get your attention, nothing will. Today was an exceptionally wonderful day!
First of all, this Wednesday was MUCH better than last Wednesday (for those of you following along!) My 8:00 am lesson went VERY well. I was even up on time! My 12:30 lesson cancelled. (A collective "Ahhhh", if you please!) I have always loved when things cancel - even good things! I love the sudden, unexpected free time!
I quickly called a good friend and invited her (and her cute baby!) over for lunch. We had so much fun! I borrowed the DDR from my sister, and we danced on that. Yes, we will be counting that as our workout for that half of the week. (We're new moms...what do you want from us!) Her baby is almost 6 months, and still in the angel stage - she slept through us dancing, woke up for a snack and a few minutes of playtime with Teah, then took another nap. My friend ended up staying straight through my 2:30 batch of lessons. Fantastic! Actually, the girls in those lessons are very good about playing with Teah, but having another Mommy there to help out never hurts! Bonus for her - the melodious sounds of my students' attempts at their songs put her right to sleep, with her baby, on the couch. Nap time!
The best part of the day came, though, after all the lessons were done and gone. My friend (Kathy) and I were sitting, chatting, when I got a call from my Grandmother's house. It was my sweet mummy dearest! (I just can't get over how fabulous all of this is!) Her brother was in town, visiting for business, and they were all sitting at Grandma's kitchen table. Tom (brother) was explaining how much his family loves their new Wii. My mother told him, "Oh, Will has been looking all over for a Wii. He can't find one!" Tom, sweet guy that he is, said, "Well, shoot! We can fix that!" Turns out Tom's sweet father in law lives across the street from a VERY nice Nintendo BigWig. Mr. BigWig (name withheld, for privacy ;-)) helped Ned (father in law) buy a Wii. Sweet Tom went to visit...and took it home with him!
Nice Mr. BigWig helped Ned buy another one. That one mysteriously followed Ned's son home. Ned finally bought a third one, "for the grandchildren" and, as far as we know, that one is still there.
Tom called up Ned. Ned walked across the street to Mr. BigWig's house. (Mr. BigWig, by the way, graduated from high school with my mother and remembers her.) Mr. BigWig said of COURSE he'd be happy to help us get one! What a fabulous Mr. BigWig!
We're meeting him at his office at the end of the week. I understand that Mr. BigWig did not have to do this. Mr. BigWig has never met me. However, after talking to him on the phone, Mr. BigWig is VERY nice and refreshingly proud of his product. He is just happy that we like Nintendo products and happy to help us get one!
Will doesn't know. :-) I'm getting SO many brownie points for this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!