Saturday, November 10, 2007

Crafts and Dinner Dates

So, today's post isn't much about BBJ...because I didn't see much of BBJ today! This morning, Daddy very kindly agreed to watch BBJ while I attended a Super Saturday activity with the congregation I attended during high school. So much fun! I just had to go...I've been jealously eying an etched Pyrex dish my sister has for years, vowing to make my own if the chance came. Lo and behold, I received an announcement from my father (don't ask me why he's on the Relief Society mailing list...) that my old ward would be etching glass for an activity!! I had Louh Gung help me pick out a font for our family name. When I arrived, I saw a girl writing her mother's name in Iranian and I thought wouldn't it be cool if I did my family's name in Chinese? Luckily for me, there was a sweet Taiwanese woman there who agreed to write my name out for me. (No, I can't write my own name. Pbtht. Bet you can't write it, either!) So, the project took a little longer than I expected, but I ADORE the results.


I also beaded a lanyard for reading glasses. This one is a Christmas gift, so I can't tell you who it's for. (I'll be taking bids tomorrow morning. ;-))

When I finally finished my projects, I met up with BBJ and Daddy and we went home for BBJ's nap. After the nap, we were off again! This time, sweet Auntie M agreed to watch BBJ so Louh Gung andI could go out and celebrate our anniversary.

(You go, Auntie M!)
Louh Gung and I went to a yummy restaurant. Louh Gung had prime rib, medium rare. (I'm more of a well-done girl myself, but I'm trying to train my palette. This prime rib, though, was beyond my meager capabilities. I swear, Red Cross was knocking at the door - they wanted a piece of that bloody action!) I had Lamb Osso Bucco...just because I saw it in the freezer section when I was grocery shopping the other day, and I love lamb. I decided I don't really love Osso Bucco...but I'm glad I tried it.

After dinner, we stopped in to see an invalid friend and wish him a happy birthday. Lucky for me, they pressed us to take a few pieces of cake home. Yea! I left dinner wishing I could find some good chocolate cake somewhere, but not wanting to pay $12 a slice for the privilege. Ahh. My day is complete! (BBJ enjoyed the cake, too.)

When we got BBJ home, we had our "fruit snacks" (tonight it was persimmons, plus cheese for BBJ in case she was still hungry). I snapped a few pictures of her, and then I thought...hey! Self! Where's your good side? Do you have a good side?

BBJ has many, many good sides. They're all good, really. (I love her backside, but that's another story.)
(See? That's a WONKY hair day...and she's still gorgeous! Show those pearly whites, baby!)
As for me...well...let's just say this isn't my good side.
This one...well, I'm scaring myself, and I took the picture!
Straight on is...interesting, but I think it still looks a little funny.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that's ever done this? Because, you know the next step is to start practicing red carpet faces in the mirror, right?!
This one isn't too bad. (*This is Louh Gung's favorite.)
This is my favorite.

Where's your best side?

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I wouldn't have thought of that...afraid it would mess up the pan in some way. SO clever!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!