Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mama's Great Day


First, a rant. This is a rant for the young, single gentleman who lives next to my dear friend Kathy and Miss Stephanie. Dear sir - if a baby is crying at 5 in the morning, days after a Time Change, hammering on the wall WON'T HELP A THING SO QUIT BANGIN'! Also, if you have got the courage to bang on the wall of a 10 month old, you ought to have the courage to open the door when baby's daddy comes over to see if the two of you can work something out.
Be a man. Grow up.


Thanks. I had to get that out of my system.

I put this up because I wanted to. Because today, I felt the need to remind myself that, less than two years ago, I was a blushing, excited, beautiful bride, marrying the most handsome man I'd ever met, an answer to so many prayers, an answer I wasn't expecting. Thank you, Louh Gung, for being my best friend. (My anniversary is coming up. Can you tell?)

This morning was one of those glass half full/half empty kind of mornings.

From my point of view -
Louh Gung and I got to sleep in. Louh Gung helped me get BBJ up. We got to ride in the car for 45 minutes, enjoying each other's company.

From Louh Gung's point of view -
I fixed the clock in our room so it read the new "correct" time, and forgot to tell Louh Gung. At 7:45 I rolled over and said, "Honey, that clock is right!" (He usually gets up before 7.) We both hit the showers running, pulled BBJ out of bed, grabbed her bottle, buckled her into the car and took off. (Louh Gung's car is out of the shoppe, and parked at work. I went along with him this morning to bring my own car home and leave him with his.) Halfway to the office, he noticed he had left his briefcase (with his computer) in the garage in his haste to help me get BBJ into the car. (She wasn't pleased about her "bottle on the go", but I sat in the back with her and helped her hold it up.) We turned around, went home, grabbed the briefcase, went back to work and got him there nearly 45 minutes late.

I still maintain that I had a lovely morning.

We got home just in time to be late for our morning "walking date" with a few friends. In my rush to get BBJ dressed (she was still in her pajamas), I neglected to take the proper precautions...and I heard a *ssssssssssssssssss*....about half of it hit the sink, the other half got caught up in the legs of her sleeper lying under her. Hmm...oh well! That's what washers are for, right?

We met up with our friends and had a lovely walk...and now she's down for a nap.

I'm having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!