Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My How You've Grown

I love to look back, occasionally, and reassure myself that my baby is growing and changing and learning.
BBJ, you were a superhero in November 2006. You ruled our home with an iron fist, and you had your Daddy wrapped around your fat little pinkie. He was the only one who could take a picture of you smiling...the only one who could take those adorably cute pictures that made me want to melt. I was home with you 24-7, not yet teaching piano lessons. We played and slept and ate and generally got to know each other.
Now, your hair has grown. You still rule the home, and you have developed your Loudness Capacity to staggering new heights. You charm strangers and flirt with mothers on the freeway. The other day I looked back to see an imposing woman in an imposing silver SUV waving and grinning like an imbecile. I checked the back seat - you started it. You talk your daddy into sneaking you treats before dinner. You talk your grandmothers into taking you for long walks, dancing endless dances or buying you ridiculously loud toys. You adore chocolate and sweets, cheese and yogurt. You love being with your friends, and you love being the center of attention more. You applaud yourself when you shut a drawer, and check my face for approval when you're exploring a new treasure. People at church tell me they've never seen you unhappy or complaining. I smile and nod - you are a charmer and a flirt and a very good actress. You have your father's gift for first impressions.

BBJ, I'm so glad you're mine and I'm grateful for you every single day.

2 comments:

  1. That is so adorable. It really touched me. Thank you for writing it. I love how you summarize all the mommyhood experiences into those few paragraphs. I can really tell you love her. Thanks for being wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is a beautiful post...Max you should print this out to save for Teah one day. It is the sweetest thing I have heard in a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!