Wednesday, December 26, 2007

In the which BBJ wears her mother out in two and a half hours

My baby girl is being remarkably well-behaved, all things considered. She has settled into Grandma's house and is doing just fine. She (mostly) sleeps through the night (knock on wood!) and she's been taking naps in the afternoon anywhere from 45 minutes to three hours long. I'm fairly impressed!

This morning, we fully intended to hit the outlet malls up near the ski area. However, Jack Frost had other ideas. The snow falling on our driveway made us rethink our plans. Instead, we headed out to a fabulous little "greasy spoon" for breakfast (think three-egg omlettes and scones temporarily removed from the menu because the place is just too busy and "she turned off the fryer). BBJ was pretty good....at the end. It was 11 before we got our food. By that point she was hungry and cranky, but couldn't figure out either one. I had to pin her arms, feed her five bites of my omlette and presto - happy baby!

Afterwards, we went to a mall near Mama's house and tried our luck at the sale there. Louh Gung got some clothes for work, and I picked up a pair of "Crocs" for my sister. BBJ dragged YehYeh and MaMa all over the store, under tables, and around clothing racks. (Yes, I brought her stroller. However, she has magical powers over her grandparents. A little whimper, a half-hearted stretch towards the ground, and poof - instant freedom to roam! So, YehYeh chased BBJ around the men's shoe department while MaMa calmly pushed a stroller around the store distinctly devoid of any baby. Instead, she had care over all our winter coats and my purse.)

In the afternoon, BBJ went down for her nap and LouhGung (and everyone else who currently "lives" here) went to see a movie. (It was a little high on my "scary meter", so I opted to stay home with BBJ.) (Apparently, I didn't miss much - LouhGung has curled up in the corner with a Nintendo DS and doesn't seem to have any plans on going to sleep tonight! No sleep, no dreams about zombies, right?) BBJ slept for nearly two hours, then...she was up. And everyone was gone. And you know, this house is fairly baby friendly....but it's not like "our" house where everything is barricaded, locked, bolted down, or hidden. There's a lot of "no no baby" here. (Cousin E would be thrilled! It's her favorite new phrase.) There was a lot of chasing and redirecting and coercing (yes, we ate jelly beans for lunch. She knows where I keep them!) and....when everyone came home at 5:30, I whimpered to Louh Gung that I needed to go take a rest. Me! The baby's primary caregiver! (The rest didn't last long - Louh Gung's brother-in-law's two siblings came home with everyone else, and their mother followed soon after....and then there was a Wii dancing game to play, and three Costco pizzas to take care of. Did you know BBJ could eat nearly a whole slice of Costco pizza?! Neither did I.)

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to "going it alone" when we go home next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!