
Welcome to Backwards Works for Me Wednesday! Shannon over at Rocks in My Dryer hosts WFMW every week where we write helpful tips on our blogs, and then post links on hers. It's a great way to get traffic to our blogs, and to find new friends. This week, it's backwards - I posted a question over at Shannon's place, and I'm putting the explanation here. Now, help me, please!
Here's the deal, kids - I've been having a dream. It's not a recurring dream, per say, but it has recurring ELEMENTS.
1) There is a huge house. I'm in a class or some sort of live in school or at a slumber party, and the house is huge...but dark...with secrets. There's always a secret room downstairs in this big dark house, that nobody really ever knows about. One time, it was full of Persian rugs and Moroccan pillows and gypsy fortune tellers and a man smoking a hookah in front of a basket of...what? Flutes? One time, there was a glass shower in the room that was slowly being filled, each time I went into the room, with the bodies of the young men I knew in the house. (At the end of the dream, they all turned out to be asleep, as they all woke up and climbed out. I'm an optimist, and can usually twist the end of a dream to make it OK.)
2) The second recurring element is me being NAKED. Sometimes it's in the big house, usually it's at a job interview or something like that. At the beginning, being naked is OK for some reason...it's not that I take my clothes off, it's just that suddenly I AM naked. Then, I find myself in a waiting room for an interview or some other meeting with an important person, and people around that will point and laugh if they notice. Because, of course, I'm sitting in a chair with my purse in my lap...and all my clothes are in another room. Getting to them would involve getting my naked rear out of that chair and walking down a hall...that is usually lined with windows of other classrooms or offices. Invariably, because I'm an optimist, I WILL clothes to appear and I hurriedly slide them on before anyone notices that I'm naked.
If this helps, here's some background on my current situation - I sold my house this week. I'm preparing to move across the country, away from ALL of my family and the state I have lived in for most of my life. I'm looking for the perfect place to rent Across the Country, and not really finding what I want. My identical twin sister is pregnant, and lives across the street, and she just bought a new place and is preparing to put her place on the market as well. I have a job at church, overseeing the activities and classes for the women of the congregation. My baby is 17 months old, with all of the stresses that that entails.
Alright, Freud wanna-be's. Let me have it - what on EARTH do these dreams mean?!
LOL. I have NO idea! But your dreams do sound interesting ... I never remember my dreams, so I have little practice in analyzing them.
ReplyDeletehttp://meta-religion.com/Psychiatry/Dreams/the_12_universal_dreams.htm
ReplyDeleteOne of the most common dreams most of us have, in some variation.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with recurring themes in my dreams that are weird. I can explain one aspect of yours, though--the bodies in the rooms. Death doesn't necessarily mean death in dreams...it means 'change.' Think about this: when you move, one part of your life (the life you have known in your current home) is over--in a way, dead. Your dreams are telling you that life will change in your new home. But the fact that the young men are only sleeping tells you there's nothing to worry about! Everything will be okay!
ReplyDeleteThe whole fortune teller, mystery room thing also points to the move: that you are wondering what life will bring you in this new home. I think it's cool that you can change a dream to be more pleasant. I can only do that sometimes. It's not that I'm aware I'm dreaming, but suddenly my dream self will say: "I don't like this," and the situation will change.
Good luck with everything, and don't worry!