Just because I know all you kids are waiting with baited breath (what on earth does that mean, anyhow???!), I wanted to let you know - Louh Gung and I have safely arrived on the East Coast. Let me tell you, it was a long trip...and one that I am not really looking forward to making with BBJ in a month when we move here for good. BBJ was an angel today. She woke up just before our Taxi showed up, gave us all hugs and kisses, and then Louh Gung and I snuck out. She had her playdate this morning (Thanks, Russell and E!), took a walk to the grocery store, and ate way more asparagus and corned beef than her MaMa thought possible!
Louh Gung and I caught our flight, stowed our carry ons (aren't we Metropolitan? No checked luggage for us!) and settled in for a very uneventful, and surprisingly fast!, plane ride. We showed up in Chicago half an hour early, enjoyed a leisurely lunch at the Macaroni Grill (their Tuscan chicken salad is amazing...and their Margerita pizza is so-so) and caught our connecting flight for Little East Coast airport. The airport was small, and deserted, but beautiful....kind of like the towns around it. Small, GORGEOUS HUGE HOUSES, and nobody there. We checked into our hotel, went out to find a place that was open at 10 pm for dinner, and now it's time for bed! (The diner is owned by Greeks...and so...you know...it's DELICIOUS. Have you ever had Chicken Souvlaki in a diner? Yeah....Chicken Souvlaki with a Greek salad and french fries. You haven't lived until you've eaten THAT in the middle of the night. My Bison Burger wasn't bad, either! Their cole slaw was amazing. I asked the waiter for the recipe, and he looked at me like I'd just asked how to breathe. The girl behind him answered, "Umm...it's cabbage. And mayonaisse. Maybe a little sugar and mustard." I left red in the face, but determined to see if I could make my cabbage and mayo taste that good when I get home!)
G'night everyone!
Glad to hear you two made it in safely!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite things about the east coast? The Greek diners. They're everywhere, and they're open 24 hours -- a great place to grab a late-night milkshake or cup of hot chocolate with friends. The west could use some, I figure...
If you need anything while you're here, don't hesitate to give me a call!