Monday, April 21, 2008

Improv in Hong Kong

Ok - the blog post is lame today. Sorry. We had our last playdate this morning, and I'm not feeling very bloggy. We are moving to the East Coast at the end of this week. BBJ has had a weekly playdate, with basically the same kids, since she was about 3 months old. That's 16 months of playdates, and a lot of potluck lunches! (Girls, can I just say - YUMMY! Trish and Bri, you really outdid yourselves today. ;-)) When everybody left, I just wanted to sit down and cry! I'll miss my friends...but I think I'll miss BBJ's friends, more. It was AWESOME having those playmates come over ever week and try to teach BBJ how to share. I know Russell taught her more than that - I'm pretty sure he can take full credit for teaching her how to climb! In return, she taught most of the kids to say "more." (Hey, it's useful when you're hungry!)

So, this is all I've got today.

I know this is for a VERY limited audience, but I have to put it up here! So, there's a group called Improv Everywhere. They staged an event in Grand Central Terminal a few months ago where nearly 20 of their "agents" went into the terminal...went about their business...and then FROZE, mid-action, for about 10 minutes. Since that "mission", other groups have sprung up worldwide (at least 70, at least count.)

This video is a group in Hong Kong. Maybe I haven't made this completely clear, but I lived in Hong Kong for two years. I learned to speak the language fluently. I was blessed to come back to America and find a man from Hong Kong who figured he could deal with me...for the rest of EVER. (Hi, Louh Gung!) So, Hong Kong (obviously) plays a pretty big role in our house! We're raising BBJ bi-lingual...everything from our movies to our dinners are a fairly even bi-cultural split!

So, without further ado - Improv Everywhere, Hong Kong. (Yes, I speak Cantonese...but I can't understand most of what the artistic director is saying - there's a lot of background noise! The video is funny to watch, either way. ;-))

2 comments:

  1. Hysterical!

    And I understood none of it! Please tell me they were speaking in Cantonese ~ otherwise my Mandarin teacher will be so disappointed in me.

    Actually, when we were in rural Jiangxi, the same number of people stared at us, even when we were moving. I think perhaps we were the first Caucasians they'd ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Grand Central video a while back. It was crazy!

    Good luck with your move...I understand how NOT fun it is. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!