Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm a Genius

OK, so you have to promise me you won't hate me. Promise? 'Cause, seriously? I'm a genius.
I found BBJ playing with two rolls of toilet paper tonight and lightbulbs started blowing up in my head!
What kid doesn't like stacking? Let's be serious, though - BBJ is no, shall we say, master of her temper? She loses patience quickly with small things that don't behave how she'd like them to.
Oh, and Mommy loses patience (quickly!) with small things that hide on the floor, waiting to attack Mommy's little tootsies. (In my defense, it has been WEEKS since I could clearly see the floor to see what my feet are walking on.)
These little beauties fit the bill perfectly. They are large enough to stay where BBJ stacks them and soft enough where, should I step on them, I won't be crippled. (Oh, and should she decide to throw one...well, let's just say we've got you covered there, too!) Not to mention - I no longer need to traipse into the garage to find replacement rolls for our bathrooms!

You know you wish you thought of it first!

9 comments:

  1. Kids just don't need expensive toys do they? We have a room full (well every room full to be honest) and they'd happily just play with stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me wonder why i spend money on toys when kids can play with what we already own. Happy POW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures! Thanks for the post; what a great idea! My son LOVES playing with bathroom tissue, and always tried to sneak rolls away. This would be perfect for him!

    (I found your site on the McMommy Chronicles POW!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seriously is a good idea! Who would've thought TP to so many good uses:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you're a Costco shopper! I let my daughter do the same thing, and it's amazing how much time she spends stacking toilet paper rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tp roll bowling.... Now THAT IS a good idea! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh yes so many uses for TP. Although, as I was reading this it popped into my head, but couldn't she still trip over them if she steps just right on it? And of course my kids are more liner uppers than stackers so my luck I'd be carrying something and not see the line of tp rolls and go tumbling right on over. Not trying to burst your bubble or anything. I can see your daughter is much better at stacking than mine seem to be ;).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bring her to my house and the Tongginator will show her some creative ways to use TP on cars... trees... the possibilities are endless!

    Great idea, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother always kept a package of paper cups in the house for just this purpose -- especially after she discovered that Pat would sit still for hours and hours to play with them (when he wouldn't sit still for anything else)!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!