My offering for Works for Me Wednesday this week is both dramatic in its depth and inspiring in its creativity. Stay with me on this one.
How to Keep a Marriage Together, in a few easy steps.
1) Move across the country.
2) Unpack. Notice that a small piece has fallen out of a statue you and hubs purchased on a trip to China at the beginning of your marriage.
3) Offer a prayer and search frantically through all the unpacked boxes. (Umm, ok - I was on the couch "morning sick" and watched Lo Gung dig through the boxes. Same diff, alright?)
4) Find the missing piece (broken in two) and say another prayer of thanks. (The praying was all me, though. I'm all for all the help I can get!)
5) Notice, a few weeks later, that the sister statue also has a broken piece. (We noticed this, mysteriously, after a particularly boisterous lots-of kids get-together in our new home. Hmm...)
6) Purchase Quick Drying Super Glue. Now, this is very important - read the instructions. Notice that the glue bonds instantly to skin, but takes quite a while to dry on anything else. Fail to mention this to hubs.
7) Convince hubs that he must be the one to glue the pieces back together, since your shaky hands could not possibly get the job done.
8) Stand back, in admiration, as he deftly glues the pieces back together.
9) Laugh uproariously as you realize the hubs has glued his wedding band on.
(A kind man in a Mexican Restaurant in San Diego.)
*Please don't crucify me over this post. If you really want to hold your marriage together, pray together. Don't let small things build up into big grudges. Check yourself every day and see if your marriage is headed in the direction you want it to be.
And if all else fails, glue his wedding band on while he's asleep - 'cause he'd look awfully silly trying to get a date while wearing a wedding band that won't come off!
hahahaha. that's awesome. my husband doesn't even wear his wedding band. he's a nurse and says it gets gross under his gloves.
ReplyDeleteYou are on to something! I can hear the new slogan for brides now, "something old, something new, something borrowed, super glue."
ReplyDeleteGood One! I have been enjoying your posts!
ReplyDeleteLove it!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis might be your funniest post to date. Tell Lou Gung that I hope it wears off quickly.
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny!
ReplyDeleteThat was a great laugh! My hubby hasnt taken his ring off in years...i'm not sure he could now. LOL
ReplyDeleteLOL...this was great! Three word solution for your hubby should this ever happen again : nail polish remover. :)
ReplyDeleteMy hubby just read this post and said he knows Lou Gung from the singles ward. Small world!
ReplyDeleteToo good! ROFL!!!
ReplyDeleteSo funny.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better now.
Loved the new bridal advice of "Something old. Something new. Something borrowed. Superglue!" ROFL
Excellent choice of post to link to. I loved this one and was happy to get to read through it again. Thanks for playing along.
ReplyDeleteCame here from Debbies now I have to get me some super glue
ReplyDeleteha, ha on the superglue of his wedding ring. A sign from God, no less.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you on all!
Too funny!
ReplyDeleteI thought I have read this post before.
ReplyDelete*chuckle* Very cute!
ReplyDeleteLetting the small things go is a great tip for a lot of life.
I remember this one! It was one of my faves too.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!!! That is too funny! I suppose that is definitely one way to keep your husband in your marriage. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's too funny. Maybe that's the approach I need to take. My honey has lost a lot of weight and his ring is too big so he doesn't wear it. I think I'll just glue it on!
ReplyDeleteToo Funny!!
ReplyDeleteFarrah from Wife and Mom of 3
http://wifeandmomof3.net
So cute!
ReplyDeleteWe're from San Diego...which restaurant was the photo taken at?
Very funny. And I love the new marriage mantra. ;)
ReplyDeleteooops!
ReplyDeletehahaha
I love it.