Thursday, October 9, 2008

What I have learned...


1. Do not ever try to hand a sticker to Lo Gung - he's serious when he says he hates them. He will give you a look that will make your hair curl! If your hair is already curly, The Look will make it frizzy. If your hair is already curly and frizzy...may I suggest a good leave in conditioner?


2. If your toddler replaces all "s" sounds with "sh" sounds, perhaps "sit" isn't the best word to be working on right now?


3. If your neighbor, who doesn't have a Costco membership yet, needs to pick some things up at Costco for which there just happen to be fabulous coupons right now, and you already have plans for those very coupons for yourself...check the "limit" on your coupons BEFORE you post a Wanted message on Freecycle and get chewed out by the Moderator for DARING to want coupons that have nothing to do with diapers or formula. There's a very good chance your neighbor could just use the same ones you use, as long as you use them at the same time. Of course, the woman who points this out to you might be the 5th sweet person to respond to your request...so you'll feel awful for the rest of the week for the woman who responded first and actually sent you the coupons in the mail.


4. If you come straight home from a yummy dinner at your neighbor's house and try to put your toddler to bed...she will not sleep. She will stand in her crib screaming for "nai nai" (milk), at which point you must remove your toddler from her bed and cuddle for approximately 20 minutes to get her calmed down enough to go to sleep. If you had let her play for ten minutes after getting home, she could have been in bed by 8:15...instead of 9.


5. If you are currently pregnant with a very active and low-carrying baby, a waistband at night is a bad idea. It's entirely possible that you will wake up at 4 in the morning, two days in a row, with awful pains and gas and a baby clawing at your insides. Stick to your MuMu girl...just stick to your MuMu.

7 comments:

  1. We lived through your #2. HaHaHa. Yeah - so not funny at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how the word sit would be difficult for your family right now. And those later than you want cuddles - they are still the sweetest, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW: Costco coupons are available on the counter where they do Memberships and returns. Get all the coupons you want there... Hey, I saved $18.50 tonight at Costco and yes, I forgot my coupons but just picked up another set... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. I also loved the Princess and the Acorn story. As to your vacation crafting comment, I've brought the same project with me on three trips this year and it hasn't progressed one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. Oh man. I am reflecting on a trip to the zoo in high school with two little boys I babysat for. He was really into trucks. He couldn't say the "tr" sound and substituted an "f" instead. It was the only word he could say and it was said often. Oh the glares I was on the other side of. Ouch. I think hazard pay was in order that day.

    And Mama, don't you wish MuMus were socially acceptable outside of retirement communities? They look so darn comfy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!