Monday, November 24, 2008

And The Capital of the US of A is..

Perhaps only my mother will truly appreciate this, but it's Monday and I've been busy all day and it's NaBloPoMo...and I know this will make a few people giggle, at my expense. Perfect.

I was at my neighbor's house today and mentioned that Lo Gung, BBJ and I will be visiting Philadelphia soon. Here's how the conversation panned out.

Me - "We're going to go to Philadelphia to visit Lo Gung's aunt and uncle."
SheShe - "Oh, the Philadelphia in Pennsylvania?"
M - (there's more than one?!) "Umm...I don't know! Philly Philadelphia...THE Philadelphia."
S - "Oh...I went to Philadelphia in Pennsylvania a few years ago, and we visited the Liberty Bell."
M - "Yeah! We're going to go see the Liberty Bell, too."
S - "Oh, then you're definitely going to the one in Pennsylvania."

At this point her husband pipes in.
Glen - "Yeah - Philadelphia is the CAPITAL of Pennsylvania!"

To my mother - I am deeply, deeply sorry that I am such a disappointment to your geography loving self. I'm fairly certain they do not make a map large enough or detailed enough to cure my complete inability to place cities in their own states. When I went to Chicago, I truly had no idea I was in Illinois. Please forgive me.

Sincerely,
Your Daughter, Aunt LoLo

Geography - Major FAIL!

4 comments:

  1. I miss Philly... if you are going and feel the need to NOT eat Chinese food (though there is a good China Town) you should get cheesesteaks. Our favorite place is Pats... on the corner of 9th, Wharton and Passyunk in S. Philly. Across the street is Ginos, which is shiny and nice and claims that it TOO is the original (this debate has been never ending) but we love us a greasy cheesesteak from Pats (with Whiz)... drooling just thinking of it... yummmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, the part about you not knowing you were in IL when you went to Chicago had me laughing a good one! But geography is one of my most favorite things. And geology. The geos really get me going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many wonderful attributes - we will excuse this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When are you going? Where are you staying? Will you be visiting the Please Touch Children's Museum in its fabulous new but historic location? I'm dying to go but don't have any little ones right now.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!