Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Black Friday, Y'all

So...did you get up early and brave the cold and the crowds? I kept my shopping to a minimum this morning - JoAnn's has my snuggle flannel on sale for the lowest price of the year (until they have it at this price again for New Years) and I LOVE it for baby blankets, burp cloths, etc.

You might have noticed I never got my baby blankets up into the shoppe on Tuesday. Sorry! This week seems to have been CONSUMED by Thanksgiving! I spent my free time prepping my last two pumpkins from Halloween, and getting them stowed in the freezer. I'll start making my Christmas Pumpkin Bread to hand out to friends in early December, as I plan to be OTHERWISE OCCUPIED later in the month!

Aunt SheShe had us over Thanksgiving morning to watch the Macy's parade and eat pancakes, sausage and bacon. So tasty!

We had an absolutely fabulous Thanksgiving (thanks, Kim!). Some friends invited us to join their family festivities. Our hostess prepared an absolutely amazing turkey (I'm still not convinced she didn't swipe it from the Food Network set when she was in Manhattan yesterday!), AND a ham, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, garlic mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and salad. A visiting friend provided an absolutely FABULOUS blackberry/raspberry pie and all the sparkling cider we could hold. I brought rolls, sweet potatoes, creamed pumpkin, a chocolate pie, a pumpkin pie, a pumpkin pecan pie, and whipped cream.

BBJ was a gem. She had a good breakfast at SheShe's, then came home and took a decent (and early!) nap, woke up, got dressed, and then was just about as good as could be at dinner. She didn't eat much, but I didn't expect her to. She came home and had two bowls of cereal and went straight to sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmn, and just what, Young Lady, will be keeping you OTHERWISE OCCUPIED in just a few weeks? Hmn?

    I am a bit jealous of you you know. I should've had a second baby within a year or two of Kelly (like Kathie Lee did when she finally started popping them out,) but the one I was lucky enough to finally get, totally threw my life for a loop and before I knew it here I was tonight at 44.67 years old in front of thsi computer and not about to jump on that wagon again (or even try.) Well, "try" yes, but not for reasons of Blatant Procreation.

    TMI?

    xo
    And blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!