Monday, November 3, 2008

LoLo Craft Update

Oh, children...I don't know what to write, but I have good news! I made a sale! A real sale! (If you've been following my shoppe, you know that this isn't my first sale...but I never told anyone that the first sale was a sham - I begged Wonder Woman to purchase ANYTHING, just so I could see how everything worked.) I have the coolest readers, and friends, in the world.

These little guys are being shipped out tomorrow, to a friend of some friends. May they bring her much dryness of shoulders and peace of mind!
As promised, I do have an update for the shoppe. My sincere thanks, again, for all of your kind wishes last week while I was away from Lo Gung and BBJ, attending my grandmother's funeral.

A sweet reader, Mama Katz, suggested that maybe I try to make some aprons for boys. Because, you know, boys like to get into the kitchen and get messy, too!

I love this apron...I think I'll name it Ted. It's double sided, top-stitched and has a ginormous pocket on one side to hold...anything he can think up to put in!
If it were my brothers, the pocket would be full of a mixture of chocolate chips snitched from the counter, a nifty pocket knife snitched from Dad's drawer, and maybe one of Mom's bracelets...just 'cause it's shiny. Boys are like that, you know.
The whole thing is a beige-y cream, with baseballs on the main part of the apron. The straps came out a little green on my monitor..but trust me - beige-y cream. I love how sturdy this little guy turned out - like he's ready to bounce between Dad's tool bench and Mom's oven, toting all his treasures with him. (In my case, it would have been Dad's oven, and Mom's games with the bittiest children in the house...but I digress...whatever floats your boat.)

Go check out the shoppe for more LoLo Craft Goodness!

Come back tomorrow for the famous Apple Pie Filling Recipe that I've been raving about. Go buy your apples today - you'll need about 7 lbs of apples, and 7 quart-sized jars with lids to match, plus sugar, lemon juice, apple pie spices and cornstarch. Canning supplies can be procured at your local hardware store. What are you waiting for?!

Oh...and it's November 4. Don't forget to get out today and VOTE!

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready for a good apple pie. And the apron - cute. I made aprons for my boys when they were little. Why should girls get all the fun. I wish you great success with the shop.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!