Oh, kids. Do you ever have one of those nights where the dreams were really bad, and you just didn't sleep well? I think I had one of those nights last night. I woke up cranky, with a headache and a sore leg. Since I know y'all are dying to hear about it, I'll tell you what I remember.
First of all, at some point in the night, I remember Lo Gung (really) turning over and waking me up. He wanted to know what was wrong? Apparently, I had said something like "Oooooh...unggggghhhhh....". I didn't remember until this morning why I was moaning in my sleep - I woke up with (my first) charlie horse (this pregnancy) during the night. I remember waking up and kind of moaning because the age of the Charlie Horse had finally decended on this pregnancy. I sort of massaged the charlie horse out of my calf with my other foot and went back to sleep. That's when the real fun started!
I had a dream. It was a really awful, makes-no-sense dream. Nothing horrible...just awful. Somehow, I was back in school, attending community college. I wasn't married yet - I was living with my parents. (That wasn't the awful part - I actually really liked living there. Great view, free food, my own room, a car..life was sweet! Oh yeah, and Daddy footed the bill for my...creative cooking endeavors.) Anyhow, Mom had helped me pick out the five classes I needed to finish my degree. They were all decent classes - dance, music, art - but I could never seem to make it to class on time. The first day of the term, I completely skipped one of the classes. I just didn't know I had it. I was late to the others. I went to lunch, and didn't notice the time, and I was late for my fourth class of the day.
When I got up to go to class, I was suddenly barefoot and I stepped in a fresh pile of dog poo. My professor was crazy and made us write long essays...on oranges. No, really - ON an orange. We had to peel an orange, take it apart, and write our rough draft on the individual segments, keeping them in order. Then, we had to mark our rough drafts with red corrections, THEN we had to go back over and erase our edit notes and write the final draft...all on the same orange.
Between my next two classes, I somehow was laying on the ground...and I did a flip backwards to get up (yeah right!) and ended up stepping on this really huge guy...who just happened to be the husband of my good friend. I had never met the husband before, and really didn't want to see him again.
That's when I woke up with a headache, a vaguely sore calf and a really bad attitude. Oh, and I don't think I'll be eating any oranges for a few days.
Ummm... Orange you glad it wasn't a grape? BwwwwaaaaHaHaHa!
ReplyDeleteHILARIOUS!!! I am the queen of no-sense, awful, unrestful dreams...just ask DAN. You know they get bad when I wake MYSELF up talking. Oh the dreams I could tell...
ReplyDelete