Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Recollections

Y'all...it's 9:30 PM. However...it is STILL Sunday, so I have not missed my post for the day!

I was going to tell you guys about a great dream I had last night that taught me a very valuable lesson. I realized, over dinner with friends, however...the dream really won't be very riveting if you weren't there. So, I'll just give you the morale of the story:

Sometimes in life, God brings you blessings. They are plentiful, but they must be seized while they are in front of you. If you were to try to return and gather them after the opportunity has passed, it will be too late. There will be no time to run around and round up other worthy people to reap the rewards. You will be able to tell them all about it later, but...just enjoy where you are, and gather up whatever you can as souvenirs for your family and friends! There will be opportunities for them later.

Seize the day.


In other news...just a little snippet from Primary today. During the second hour of church, my little 5 year olds are with about 20 other kids between the ages of 3 and 7. Today, we were talking about how God loves all the children, everywhere in the world. Since we have a very multi-cultural group of children, the teacher asked all the kids to raise their hands if they could tell the group just one word in another language.

A little Japanese boy taught us how to say horse, I taught everyone how to say Thank You in Chinese, and a few kids taught us how to say Hola. One little boy, whose family speaks Spanish, raised his hand and taught us..."Pizza." The teacher, trying very hard not to laugh (the little boy was dead serious), asked him what it means in English. "Pizza!" was the enthusiastic reply. He was just so proud of himself for stumping us.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent. I believe pizza should be the first word you learn in any language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primary quotes are the best. Something hilarious happens every week, I swear.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!