Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Snowy Saturday Morning...

We had quite the snow storm here yesterday - the Mayor called us and everything! He warned us to please take our parked cars off of the streets so the snowploughs could get through, and to please only travel if absolutely necessary.

We, of course, made a quick run out to the store in the morning - Lo Gung had yet to purchase a pair of snow boots, and our driveway promised to be a killer shovel job!

We arrived home just as the first flakes were starting to fall. By mid-afternoon, we knew we were really in for a treat. The snow stopped in the evening, leaving behind an 8" blanket of white over all the eye could see, including the mostly-frozen lake behind our house. (That is something this west-coast girl hasn't seen very often - frozen lakes, streams and ponds abound here!)

Lo Gung braved the cold last nigt, after we put BBJ down for bed, and shoveled our driveway. It only took him two and a half hours (??!), but it was a good workout! (I watched him from the window, nursing our son every 2o minutes - our evening rituatl - and calling every family member I could think of who might want to chat.) After his heroic shovel-fest, I rewarded him with one of our favorite winter-time treats: a steaming mug of hot cocoa with a generous scoop of ice cream on top. Yummy!

This morning, Lo Gung wanted to make sure he got the snow off of the driveway - it snowed a little more during the night - before the ice storm hits us next. We bundled BBJ up and I sent the two intrepid snow-bunnies out. (Can I just get a WAHOO right here? Last Winter, BBJ was TERRIFIED of the snow!)

Observe:

From Bubba Bubbles

Oh, what a difference a year can make!




Again, BBG (little man) and I sat inside and watched the fun.


4 comments:

  1. OK, you know you have two of the cutest kids in creation, right? Right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for you all. We have had rain constantly and it is raining still. No snow.
    And yes, you do have the cutest kids ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 8" is quite a bit of snow. We're supposed to get a decent snowstorm out here in western WA sometime in the next 24 hrs, which should be an adventure--there are a couple of inches on the ground already.

    And WAHOO for kids that love snow! Mine hates it this year, so I'm hoping for next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture is hilarious! Figs felt and feels the same way about snow and I am totally with her.

    How is it that BBG is already looking like a little man? The boy be growing

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!