Saturday, December 6, 2008

Things you don't want to hear from guests....

Recently, at Casa LoLo:

We had a rather impromptu gathering with friends, here, for dinner. It was a simple evening - the Christmas decorations were all freshly placed, there were pizzas in the oven and a yummy little broccoli salad.

After dinner, BBJ grabbed the hand of one of our guests (James) and led him away to her room. I didn't notice at first - BBJ is enamored with this man. He's a fabulous daddy, and BBJ can sense that somehow. She's always been perfectly at ease with him, sitting in his lap when she gets overwhelmed by other guests if Mommy isn't nearby.

As they returned to the room, I asked in a sing song voice - "BBJ? What have you been doing?"

Completely deadpan, he turned to BBJ with a thoughtful look and said, "Number 2, I think."

So much for our classy, laidback evening...and thank GOODNESS he's a Daddy and is used to these sort of things!

And now, on a completely unrelated note, BBJ attempts to sing "Up in the Air Junior Birdman", her current bedtime favorite. (Apologies to my mother, Wonder Woman, and anybody else with delicate sensibilities. This video makes me LOL every time I watch it...and I'm kind of punchy. BBJ, if you ever see this blog - I'm REALLY, REALLY sorry. Love you!)

5 comments:

  1. wait a second, that would imply that i was overwhelming her! what are you saying????

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to feel comfortable with people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm....does everybody KNOW what's happening in that deplorable video? :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!