Friday, January 23, 2009

Fitness Friday: Week 2

Om nom nom.


I don't really know what to say. We bought Fitness Coach this week, and it is a WORKOUT! I won't say it's fun. Hula Hoop is fun. FC? It's hard, and I definitely felt it the next day.





I was really excited as I watched my weight drop off this week...163.5, 163, 162.5...





I decided to stop weighing myself in the mornings, so I could be really surprised on Friday morning.





I stepped on the scale this morning, and......164.5. Same as last week.





Ouch.





Moving on. It's Friday...and Chinese New Year is this weekend!! Do you know what this means? Food, family and shopping! (Hey, to each their own, right?) YehYeh (Grandpa) arrives on Saturday. SukGung* (LoGung's uncle) and SukPoh* (aunt) arrive later that evening. We'll all have a big family meal on Sunday night, and spend Monday together as well. Hopefully, I'll have more about the Chinese New Year and all it entails for you later. In the meantime, if you'd like to celebrate along with us - gather all the friends and family you can on Sunday night. Go to the home of the oldest member of the immediate family and share a feast! Make sure you have shrimp, noodles and oodles of fresh fruit on the menu!
(* Pronounced soak-gong, long o; soak-paw. There are no sucky gungs here!)


(Shrimp, in Chinese, are ha...which, of course, sounds like ha, as in hahahahaha...so, eating Shrimp ensures a cheerful new year. Noodles are very long, thus representing the longevity of the family line. Fruit is just tasty. There is traditionally a large plate of various dried fruits in every home this time of year, to be shared with visitors.)





More on all of that, later!





Oh, and one more update - LoLo Craft isn't dead! I haven't updated the shoppe in a while, but I have some really exciting ideas in the works. I'd show you pictures of what I'm working on...but that project is currently en route to a very special little girl, so I'll have to wait until she sees it first. I'd hate to spoil the surprise!

8 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about getting the Fitness Coach to expand my horizons on the WiiFit Challenge...sounds like it might be a wise investment! ;) Have a wonderfully Happy Chinese New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm down but think it must be a fluke as I had a lot of junk this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about fitness coach. I'm all for any Wii games that help a gal reach her goals! You're doing great. Staying the same beats gaining and you'll be dropping those pounds soon, just watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also heard good things about Fitness Coach..Jaycie at CouponGeek loves it too! Maybe that is what I need...I'm having too much "fun" working out :)

    Keep up the good work...before you know it you will be at your goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I don't know about this Wii stuff (I just got a Wiiish thing for my birthday) but I do know your little girl is sooooo adorable! You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shrimp, noodles, and oodles of fresh fruit. Can do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AuntLoLo, thanks for commenting on my blog! I think I will make a goal and think of a prize to give.... Sounds fun.

    Speaking of Chinese New Year, we just had a ward party last night with a (slightly authentic lol) Chinese New Year theme. It was a lot of work, but went very nicely. (Now I can collapse until, no, wait, there's Pack meeting next week and a Valentine's Dance in a few weeks. Darn)

    Looking forward to getting to know you, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. It'll come off. I'm having the same issues some weeks, we'll keep at it and we'll get it off!
    Happy New Year! I was planning on sweet n sour chicken w/ noodles and mandaring oranges as a side for dinner tonight. Glad to know about the noodles! : ) And we're the only ones here in our family, so I guess we're the oldest too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!