
My friends, this morning, a Sneaky Little Chocolate Fiend made her way into my kitchen and absconded with my chocolate.
Let me elaborate.
Last night, Siu Jeun had a rough time going down to bed. He finally fell deeply asleep at 10:30. That said, he woke up at 1, 3 and 6 and was up only 20-30 minutes each time. (Compare that to the two nights previous when he was up 4-6 times at night, for 45 minutes to an hour each time!)
We all got out of bed around 8 this morning, and BBJ and I were hungry. I offered to make pancakes, and she was excited! Into the kitchen with all of us. Siu Jeun went into his little rocking chair for ten minutes while I cooked the pancakes. He didn't like being left out, and voiced his displeasure...loudly. Now, I'm not a coffee drinker. I don't have that "magic ingredient" that can get my morning started. Give me time, and a few carbs, and I'll get back to you. When he started crying, I hadn't had my time or my carbs..I was ill equipped to deal with him rationally.
I asked BBJ to entertain her brother...and (I confess) I bribed her. I told her I would add chocolate chips to her pancakes if she would entertain her brother.
*sigh*
He did stop crying, so she must have helped, at least a little bit.
We all sat down to eat our pancakes - hers with chocolate chips, mine without. I scarfed mine down while Siu Jeun was staring out the window and finished up just as he started to fuss again. Time for his breakfast!
I went to the couch to feed him, and let BBJ play by herself. After a while I noticed that she was in the kitchen...and being really quiet. (Can you see where I'm going with this?)
She likes to sometimes hole up behind a counter or door and play quietly with her toys...so I wasn't too worried.
Then I heard a *crinkle* and a very quiet, "oh no".
My enterprising little daughter had realized that I left the chocolate chips out on the counter and had lugged her stool into the kitchen to avail herself of the unexpected treat. The opening in the bag was just big enough for her to reach in and pull out handful after handful without making any noise...until she slipped.
I was going to yell...get mad...chastise her.
Then I realized that 1) I was stuck on the couch with a nursing baby and couldn't enforce anything 2) I don't want to yell at her all the time and 3) a chocolate chip sounded pretty good right about now.
She brought me a handful and we shared them. It's only Friday once a week - live it up!
How are you going to celebrate your Friday?
Can she come to my house to hand me chocolate chips? Yum.
ReplyDeleteHaha...smart kid!
ReplyDeleteCute post! It's nice it had a happy ending! :O)
ReplyDeleteSee, once again you prove what a good mommy you are. Who can resist chocolate chips?
ReplyDeleteThat's an excellent way to celebrate Friday! I wore pajamas all day today--that's as celebratory as it gets around here, haha.
ReplyDeleteYou know if they are quiet, that they are getting into trouble.
ReplyDeleteHope you can get some better sleep tonight.
She's too cute!
Hey there, lady! Tag! You're it!
ReplyDeleteAww thats sweet. I would love some chocolate right now too
ReplyDeletethat is such a sweet story!! i'm glad you didn't yell, but i think i might have. my little stinker also likes to drag stools to get what he wants... but he doesn't hide it!
ReplyDeleteAwww. Good for you and BBJ! Nice story. I likde the mini chips for pancakes, do you? They distribute better and you can use less. But eating them out of the bag? a bit more challenging and messy, I'm thinking.
ReplyDeleteI love it! So you haven't mastered the art of walking around and disciplining while nursing? It's a daily occurance in our house! LOL
ReplyDelete