Friday, February 20, 2009

Fitness Friday: Week 5

Well, I'll be the first to admit that my workouts this week did NOT go well. (Yes, I realize that something is better than nothing...but still!)

If my schedule gets off, it's hard to fit the work out in during a different part of the day! On Monday, I couldn't get away to work out. On Tuesday, I worked out for 11 minutes before Siu Jeun woke up and needed me. Wednesday was a no-go. Thursday, I worked out for 6 minutes before he woke up. Lo Gung saved the day, though - after dinner, he took both the kids while I worked out for another 25 minutes. (We usually divide the kids up, and each take one. Siu Jeun is pretty cranky at night, and BBJ wants attention as well.)

Friday was my saving grace, though. My friend Weezy has committed to come over once a week and work out with me. And what a work out it was! She showed up on time, with her three year old son and an 8 month old boy she was babysitting. Siu Jeun woke up from his nap as we were preparing to work out. I tell you, it was a ZOO. Mr. Jacob and BBJ were tearing it up, zooming around on little wheeled toys and handing their mothers weights to make the work out more interesting. In the last ten minutes of the work out, BOTH babies woke up and demanded to be held. I took the 8 month old while Weezy took Siu Jeun.

Did you know that plie squats get rather much harder when performed while holding 20 pounds o' baby? Yeah. Great workout tip!

We did all but the last minute and a half of the workout - the babies were done being patient and demanded FOOD. Still, it was a great workout and I'm proud of us for sticking with it!

Damage for the week - up a half a pound. I eat when I'm tired, and with both kids kind of sickish, I ate a bit more than I should. *erp*

Onward to next week, right? How'd y'all do on your goals this week??

(Oh, BTW - our little Getting Fit With Aunt LoLo group has lost a total of 45 pounds so far! That's amazing! Our little band of 11 women is doing rather well, don't you think?)

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Sounds like quite a time with all those little ones in the house. They may make it more challenging to work out sometimes, but just think about all the time you spend holding them. That's got to count for something, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Oregon headed to the coast, but will weigh in Sunday morning when I am back at home. We have ward conf. and Todd has to be back for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't even tell you how long it has been since I have exercised. Unless you count coughing as exercise. I used to wish I could strap my kiddos to my thighs to work them out!
    And do I not follow your blog? Seriously? Let me go over there and click.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I do. It just didn't say it the first time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey up a little is better than up a lot. You're still active and you have a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep going for next week! I also suffer from the "if my schedule gets off when do I work out" problem. I wonder if I should switch to mornings instead of afternoons...hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow it sounds like friday was quite interesting...I dont think I could work out with all the kids around. I do have to with my son, but he fortunatly is pretty good and does the stuff along side of me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, I so have those weeks all the time! I'm lucky that I can just throw the kids in the jogger and go for a run. But Brooklyn really enjoys when I do my strength training. She likes to sit on me when I'm trying to do push-ups and steals my weights from me and runs. Makes it interesting, and fun! Oh, and it gets easier with the babies when you can just throw them in the jumperoo or something. Troy loves watching me work-out, he thinks it's hilarious. I like to take it as a compliment! lol

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!