Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Bear!

So, I am loving the fact that my daughter is sprouting an imagination. Random objects can be anything she likes. A tin lid full of little plastic letters? A plate of candy, of course! An empty hand, just pulled out of an empty bucket? Hello - she's trying to hand you popcorn!

The other day, though, she passed a new milestone. She was eating a rice cake while I nursed Siu Jeun. (If you live near a Stew Leonard's, PLEASE, for the love of all that is tasty, go get yourself a pack of house-made rice cakes. OM NOM NOM) Suddenly, she exclaimed, "Mama! A bear!"

I turned around, and sure enough - there was a bear in her hand.

(Please, humor me - squint a little.)


Can you see two ears, an arm, two legs? I was seriously impressed that she would even notice that! No, she didn't make it on purpose...but she did stop and inspect her food and say, hey! It looks like a bear!

Next step - finding unicorns in the clouds.

3 comments:

  1. I can totally spot the bear. She is BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Bronson always tells me moon or boat when he's eating his mini pancakes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!