Oh, kids - It's Rat Pack Week!! (Is anyone else desperately missing Miss Eliza Doolittle right now? Yeah. Me too. *sigh*)
1. Kris Allen (The Way You Look Tonight) - Girls and boys, I am liking this. Kris is pulling ahead for me. I like his vibe, I like him. This feels just a tad forced, somehow. Like his new wife prodded him into that suit, when he'd rather be singing in his white T and Converse sneaks. I love his take on the song, though - a sweet mix of old and new, with the "big band" behind him, and his undeniably hip vocal quality.
2. Allison Iraheta (Someone To Watch Over Me) - Oooh...Allison is singing something innocent? The world might just be ending. (Maybe she reads all the mommy blogs!!!) Everyone is just singing so out of character tonight! This is absolutely beautiful, and I'm glad that she stuck true to the song. She's singing a ballad with a rocker's voice, instead of singing a ballad with a rocker's electric guitar. This feels just a tad awkward, just because we've never seen this side of her. It's still Allison, but...she's been so consistently rock n' roll this whole time, this just makes me a little dizzy.
*Side note - what if Melinda comes back tomorrow as a guest artist??? Oooooh...*
3. Matt Giraud (My Funny Valentine) - Kids, I'm getting chills. Is he channeling Blue Eyes? This feels real, coming from him. I don't know quite where I got the impression, but I've thought of him along the lines of Michael Buble this whole season. Turns out - I was RIGHT. This boy can croon a ballad. I got nothing to add. Matt, you rocked it out. It felt genuine. To be honest, the first phrase or two was off for me...but he pulled it out.
4. Danny Gokey (Come Rain or Come Shine) - (Is That Walt Disney on trombone??) Danny, boy, you're doing a good job tonight. I like his take on the song, I like the bluesy swing. It might be too little, too late though. Is Blues his thing? I thought his thing was...well, white church music! (After listening to this, Blues just MIGHT be his thing! I'm definitely not bored this week!) (OK, Lo Gung is shaking his head. He didn't like it at all. It wasn't my favorite, but...it was a heck of a swan song. ;-))
5. Adam Lambert (Feeling Good) - (Who's done this besides Buble??) I can't help it - I'm grinning. I can feel it, stealing over my face. (Despite his white suit. We'll overlook that for now.) (If any voice students are reading this, please note - this boy is not afraid to SPIT out the words, literally. That's a good thing.) I loved it. I liked it. I thought it was SA-WEET. (I could do without the creepy eyes, though, dude. Lose the crazy white suit and the creepy eyes, and we'll be cool.) What else can I say? Good job!
What did you guys think? This is so tough to pick who's going home. They all sang well, so we can't go by that.
I think Allison is in trouble. There are only 5 people left, so I'm going to leave it at that.
Discuss!
I totally agree with every thought! Even the Micheal Buble part:)
ReplyDeleteI am SO not into Matt Giraud. I thought he was by far the worst, especially when it was "supposed" to be his week. It's Allison or Matt. The top 3 will definitely be all men!!
ReplyDeleteI think Matt or Allison for sure. I would be totally surprised if it was on of the others!
ReplyDeleteI didn't get to see much of the show last night, but I'm *very* interested to see who goes home tonight.
ReplyDelete