Tuesday, May 12, 2009

1. Danny Gokey (Dance Little Sister) - This is a great start to the evening. The song's not my favorite, but for the first time in a while...Danny looks like he's where he belongs. The scatting is great. The song suits his voice....but I'm not loving the song.

2. Kris Allen (Apologize) - Have we seen Kris on the piano before? (Is anyone really missing Matt Girard right now??!) Hmm...I love this song, but I'm worried he's not making it his own quite enough. I think it's the piano - it sounds so similar to the original, it's verging on "karaoke." It wasn't as good as the original...ouch.

(What is UP with the judges tonight?! SHUSH, the lot of you!)

3. Adam Lambert (One) - (How would you like Bono to call you up and ask you to sing one of their songs?! Mom, are you hearing this??) Guys, I can't help it - I love this. Two bars in, and it's totally different from the original. Beautiful, rolling piano. Changed up melody. Signature high notes. Like him or not, the kid is a-MAZing. (Except the monitor ear bud makes him look like an elf.) Beautiful...the ending was a bit of a let down...just didn't like the note choice. Wanted something bigger...but I'm a U2 fan, and that was great.

4. Danny Gokey #2 (You Are So Beautiful) - Beautiful song...great high notes. (Sorry - Siu Jeun just woke up - I'm a little distracted!) He's making the most of his "gravelly" notes in his voice..and it's working for him tonight. He's getting into his groove, finding his niche...good job, Danny!
(note - these last two reviews were completed by Lo Gung while I was taking care of Siu Jeun.)

5. Kris Allen #2 (Heartless) - Is the music going to come in? The guitar was great, but it is was too soft. It started out a little rough, but he recovered. It was risky and clean. I think it paid off, but I am not sure he can beat Danny's performance right before though.

6. Adam Lambert #2 (Crying) - I am excited to see how high he is going to sing! I would be so surprised if he is not in the final 2. He can just do no wrong.

There you go - Lo Gung is nothing if not honest and succinct.

My vote to go...is Kris. Which PAINS me to admit...I would SO love to see him in the final two. The singer/songwriter vs. the Rock god.

Which is why I'm breaking my self-imposed posting rules...and posting now. West Coast, Idol's going to be on in a little while. Please go vote for my man, Kris! Make me wrong! ;-) My sense of drama thanks you.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted early. I haven't been watching AI this season but I might watch tonight just because I like the songs they're singing and it sounds like it was a good show. But then again, Eric might not let me watch it. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this went flying right over my head! But good morning anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We DVR'd it last night as we had company and I just watched it. I agree...Kris is going home. Danny did much better and of course Adam will make it. It might be a better thing if he were to get voted off, he could go do his own thing and not the Idol thing and their restrictions. Remember Kelly Clarkson bought her way out of her contract?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't vote for Kris...but apparently a lot of other people did, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Kris's second performance SO MUCH. I am so glad he made it into the final two. I really hope he wins.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!