Friday, May 22, 2009

Fitness/Aloha Friday

Hey, everyone!! Is it Friday...again?? Already??!

Fitness Update - After my weigh-in this morning, I'm down another .4 pounds! The weight isn't coming off very fast, but it IS coming off at a steady pace. Can I get a 'woo-hoo'??!

I'm joining in on the fun over at Island Life again.
Photobucket
Friday is a day to kick back, relax...and let y'all do my blogging FOR me!

So, riddle me this...

What do you grill in the summertime? There's got to be more than hotdogs, hamburgers and chicken!!!

Alright - discuss. My future dinner plans are DEPENDING on you!!

21 comments:

  1. We grill quite a bit of veggies. And smores - grill them wrapped in aluminum foil and eat them outside. To die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sad, I know, but we don't have a grill! :(

    However, we are moving out of an apartment (where we can't have one) into a place where we can in just 10 days. Guess what we're going to be shopping for very soon?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the stuff that you probably should not eat and we will eat too much of it and regret it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ribs, corn, veggies, shrimp skewers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have a grill because we're in a dumb apartment. But my parents grill all year round. My mom's favorite is salmon. Wrap up salmon in foil with some butter and dill.

    My fave is cauliflower. Yes, Cauliflower. And onions. Lay out some foil, then layer cauliflower florets, slices of onion, margarine, salt and pepper. Wrap it up and stick it on the BBQ. It's warm, caramelized deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken kabobs is our #1 to grill, but I also like to grill up some italian turkey sausages. =)

    Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love pork chops on the grill. Also italian sausage yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love to grill veggies. And pineapple!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, we love our grill and will break it in for summer this weekend. But alas, I am one of those burger/dog/chicken kind of girls. :) We do like to grill pineapple slices (cover in butter-flavor spray and brown sugar first) and corn on the cob with lime and butter inside the husks (wrapped in tinfoil.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hot dogs and chicken is it for us. My husband eats no red meat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always ask my dad to make grilled corn. I could happily eat that and nothing else!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salmon in some foil, with some maple syrup and dill. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on losing the weight. It does take harder and longer time for women to lose it than men.

    Oh and I have not grilled anything in my entire life. And we don't own a grill and I don't think the man will be thinking of buying one anytime soon. He doesn't seem to like the idea of grilling. Sigh. I might have to do this on my own someday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love to grill steak, ribs, and shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our favorite is shrimp! I put them on kabobs wrapped in turkey bacon (which grills better than regular bacon because it doesn't shrink) and then I put jalapeno slices in between each shrimp for some extra oomph! They turn out SO GOOD that way! Not too spicy, just right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We do not have a grill actually. Since we hardly eat meat at home (kosher meat is very expensive) we are vegetarian with fish added. When I was living at home I loved salmon, swordfish, portabella mushroom caps, and eggplant grilled.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can grill anything. We make steak, chicken, fish, burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, garlic bread etc.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just wanted to give you a nice big WHHOOOHOOOOO!! Nice going girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We grill ALL of our meat, marinated Brasilian style. Steaks, pork chops, chicken, sausage. You name it, we marinate it and plop it down under some rock salt. We also grill lots of veggies that have been tossed with olive oil and a bit of salt. Grill days are some of my favorite times of the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!