1. This is a cormorant. It's a black bird, a bit like a pelican, that catches fish. Yeah, yeah...I just talked about it a few days ago. Sorry.
This! Now, this just made me laugh so hard, I had to figure out a smooth way to get it up on the blog.
During the winter, the lake freezes over and docks have been known to snap off their moorings. This particular dock ended up in a small alcove by our yard late last year. I had no idea where it came from.
THEN, a few weeks ago, I looked out...and saw this. A gentleman, in a kayak, towing the dock home. I thought it was the funniest thing I'd seen in ages! Poor thing was trying to get it home in the beginning of a storm - he was stuck in front of my yard for several minutes, paddling like the dickens...and getting nowhere.
Want to know the best part? I met him!! I put something up on Freecycle a few days later, and a man responded, and told me he lived down the road a ways, and owned a neon green kayak. It was the dock boy!!
I sent him the pictures so he could show his mommy what a strong, resourceful boy he is, towing that dock back like that!
And now, a quick China Talk Tuesday tidbit. Do you remember my little Sensitive Plants a few weeks back? Well, they have sprouted...and my friends, they are old enough to play! Wanna see?
LOL I love that he's trying to pull it with a little kayak.
ReplyDeleteThe sensitive plant is really cool.
That is such a fun story. What did he say when you told him?? :)
ReplyDeleteI love those plants, in my country we call them 'shame-a-macca- or something like that. I love playing with them. I should get some for the kids.