Friday, June 12, 2009

Fitness/Aloha Friday

Another week, another Friday. I'm sitting in the living room...listening to both of my kids clamor to be let out of their rooms. *sigh* They used to sleep until 8:30. It's 7:00! What gives?!

Anyhow...fitness check in first. Aaaaaaand...nothing. Nada. Zilch. Not a single ounce, up or down. That's two weeks in a row! I'm going to try some new things this week, and let you know how it goes. I have been working out with Lo Gung in the mornings - and I have the leg pains to prove it! - but it hasn't been aerobic, so it hasn't helped me reach my goals really.


I'm joining in on the Aloha Friday fun again, over at Island Life. Aloha Friday is the day to kick back, take it easy...and let y'all do my blogging for me. I'll ask a simple question, you give a concise answer. Sound good?

When I say "wedding day", what's the first thing that pops into your head?

My favorite memory of my wedding day takes place about 20 minutes after we were sealed (or married). I was married in a fairly plain white dress, in the style of a Chinese keipou, made just for me by a friend in Hong Kong. After the ceremony, I changed into a more American (and princess-y!) wedding dress and went downstairs to meet Lo Gung. He had never seen the dress. As I came around the corner, his mouth dropped open and he said, "Wow."

I love having that kind of power. (And you'd better believe it's part of my motivation to get this silly baby weight off!!!!)

Your turn!

18 comments:

  1. Vegas :)

    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/yeah-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ball and Chain LOL. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate it Aloha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a sweet memory! hmm What pops into my head is... courthouse, no wedding dress, no pics, no cake, no gifts lol UGHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  4. The word "sweet." I was incredibly stressed, and made quite a few mistakes, and no one said a word. And of course, Wonder Daddy is nothing if not sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of the cake--you know I have a sweet addiction when I think of my cake first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A blank. If it weren't for the picture evidence, it might not have had happened... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet he remembers that memory very well too :)

    You say wedding and I say cake. Well that's what popped into my head,

    But somehow I feel cheated of a wedding I'd want to have because of regulations, plus my mother wasn't there and I wished with all my heart she was. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fife Photography. Just being honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, and i fit my dress after giving birth and did bridals on our 2nd anniversary. Who knows, maybe i'll fit it again after this one, and we'll do them again on our 4th! I guess it's a good goal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friends Aur and Jim, who are getting married July 4 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wedding dress. I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flowers. Lots of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Banquet hall. That's the first thought that popped into my head.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dress. My mom made it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!