Monday was when things got interesting.
We again loaded all the LoLo's up into our car and a rented minivan, positioned KyKy between the two kids in the back seat with a portable DVD player, and took off for Philadelphia, a 3.5 hour drive. There, we met up with SukGung 3, SukPoh 3 and SukGung 5 (who just happened to be visiting from Canada).
Confused yet? Here's a quick re-cap of all the players. (Good job! You've met everyone now!)
MaMa - Lo Gung's Mom
YehYeh - Lo Gung's Dad
SukGung 3 - YehYeh's brother, lives in Philly, married to...
SukPoh3 - YehYeh's SIL
SukGung4 - YehYeh's brother, lives in Utah, married to...
SukPoh4 - YehYeh's SIL, mother to...
Kristy GuJeh - BBJ's 16 year old auntie
KyKy GuJeh - BBJ's 11 year old auntie (Yes, Lo Gung's cousins are BBJ and Siu Jeun's aunties, as long as they have the same last name as Lo Gung)
SukGung5 - YehYeh's brother, lives in western Canada.
That's everyone!
Now, for the pictures. If it isn't immediately obvious, the 3, 4 and 5 refer to birth order. There are five brothers in the family, and two sisters. SukGung2 is no longer with us...and I can't remember what BBJ and SiuJeun would call those aunties...but they live in Utah as well.
We started off in Philly's Chinatown for some awesome dim sum, and then took off to see a walking tour of the sights. There are LOADS of gorgeous buildings in Philly...loads of them.
This was the Masonic temple. I loved the work on the columns in the front.
MaMa kept asking what the Masonic Temple was for...and nobody could answer her. Anyone want to give me a quick history lesson on the Masons?
SukGung 4 (the one from Utah) with his daughter, Kristy GuJeh. I'm sorry - I found endless amusement in the fact that I was in Philadelphia, taking a walking tour, with no fewer than 10 Chinese tourists, plus my own two Littles in their strollers/carriers. We were QUITE the group! I have a lot of pictures of various members of my family pointing at the skyline or taking pictures of the sights.
BBJ loved that Kristy GuJeh had pigtails just like hers.
Siu Jeun was NOT impressed with the sights, but he DID consent to being pushed around in a stroller! BBJ was not pleased that he was in HER stroller...but we bought him his own the next morning. Notice the paci - it was an integral part in the new stroller-likey thing.
BBJ just liked the attention. (This picture was taken in front of the Please Touch Museum, a children's museum in Philly. It looked like great fun, but at nearly $15 a head, it was a little daunting for our group of 13.)
Another little tourist shot...this is our second day in Philly, as evidenced by BBJ's fancy new RED stroller. (I'm going to make a post at some point, detailing the little things that gave a big payout on this trip. Like each kid having their own itty bitty stroller. Priceless.)
Here we have SukGung3 posing by the Rocky statue, plus Kristy GuJeh racing to get into the shot. Heh.
I didn't even see this in person, so they must have found it while I was wrangling BBJ up the Rocky Steps. (No, I can't remember what the building was really called...I'm pretty sure it was an art museum.)
The two GuJeh fought over who got to push the stroller on the first day. (See, this is still the first day - Siu Jeun is in BBJ's stroller, and she is being restrained, screaming, in the background.) On the second day, when we had bought another stroller for the kids...it suddenly wasn't so cool to push the babies around all day. Heh.
I took a lot of self-portraits on this trip. I think they came out pretty good! (This is in front of the Masonic Temple again.)The Three Suk Gungs! From Left to Right, SukGung3, SukGung4, SukGung5. (Sorry, I thought this picture was hilarious. They're all staring at the Philly skyline.)
A good shot of MaMa
In an effort to keep these posts readable, I'm going to stop here. I'll be back later with more Philly pics! Plus, we've still got to get through DC and a IRL blogger meetup! Oooh....you don't want to miss it!
Aw, I so LOVE your photos. You do make an intriguing and attractive group...looks like you had a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteSukGung 3 looks a lot like YehYeh, doesn't he? Of course, so does SJ... :) Fun!
ReplyDeleteThe Rocky museum is technically the Philadelphia Museum of Art (maybe Fine Art...) and per my experience the docents get very mad when you call it the Rocky Museum...
ReplyDeleteI know that IRL meet up wasn't me so I'm going to pretend I don't know about it!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos. BBJ was looking so darn cute. And yes, I'm still confused. I'm gonna call all the men Billy Bob and the women Wilhemina. How's that?
Love the pigtails! Very retro!
ReplyDeleteI love reading about your travel adventures!
ReplyDelete