Friday, August 14, 2009

Fitness/Aloha Friday

Fitness first: Up a pound this week. Boohoo! I kind of thought last week's weight was a fluke...but I'll be extra good this week and get rid of this pudge yet!!

And now we get to my favorite part of the week - the part where YOU do my blogging for me!



It's simple - I post a question, you comment with an answer, and we are all edified together. (If you'd like more questions to answer, or would like to play along, head on over to Island Life and link up!)

So my question is...

What is your favorite childhood summertime memory?

I remember vacations with my family...houseboats, cabins, and the "loops" Mom would always find to drive. I remember playing "store" with Myrnie and "Ricardo" (his stage name when we were kids :-)). I remembere how the Ponderosa Pines smelled in the summer time - when the sun warmed them up, the bark on the trunks smelled like sweet vanilla.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

9 comments:

  1. Hmm...I remember reading until the sun came up...and then figuring "Hey, it's morning!" and pulling another book off the shelf :) I remember hot days, summer camps, traveling to the cabin...and yes, ponderosa pines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember sitting on the deck at our cabin in the mountains of Lake Tahoe. Smelling the clean air, laughing with cousins and feeling there was nothing that could possibly be wrong with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swimming at night! It was the only time during the year that my parents would let us, because we weren't on a strict "go to bed early because we have school in the morning" routine. I remember floating on my back, looking at all the stars, and thinking to myself that we were the luckiest kids in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to the beach with other families, eating 'exotic' popsicles at a night market, swimming, lots of swimming....

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of my grandparents live in Utah, so my family would go to Utah every year for our summer vacation. I thought it was the best place ever. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Riding my bike all around the neighborhood all day. Sad, isn't it? Kids just don't do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to Denmark with my family and to stay with our friends who had a house there. It's a magical place for long walks in the woods, challenging each other to get into the freezing ocean, and playing hide and seek behind old tomb stones. To this day my family knows exactly what we are referring to when we describe a certain coolish Summer day as Mön weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the Maine coast, climbing on rocks, looking for crabs, squirting seaweed pods, daring my brother to go under the water. Coming up out of the water screaming and holding my head! Eating lobster and steamers, playing cards. Bonfires, canvas tents, rowboats, blueberry bushes. That's everything summer to me!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!