Pioneer Woman has discovered a new illness - it is called LBSCBD. (
Low Blood Sugar Cranky Butt Disorder). Perhaps you've seen it at work in your own home? Symptoms generally include irrational crankiness, surliness, hard to deal with-ness, and pouting. These symptoms can occur at any time, but are more pronounced just after long periods of sleep.
We are particularly watchful of this illness in our home. BBJ has been known to come down with cases so severe, and so sudden, that she's too cranky to even eat. (At that point, we tempt her with a small piece of something she definitely wants - such as chocolate - and then, once she realizes she's hungry, quickly fill her full of as much cheese or other protein as we can find.)
I give you Exhibit A:
The subject has just arisen from her afternoon nap. A cup of milk is already in her hands, so the case isn't as severe as it could be - she is willing to ingest food and liquid.
Exhibit B:
The subject has started recovery. This particular subject is too proud to give up the crankiness quite so readily as others, but you can tell in the eyes - she remembers that she was surly and hard to deal with, and now she's ready to pretend she's surly and hard to deal with.
Mothers know the difference.
It should be noted that after a peanut butter and honey sandwich, this subject made a full and complete recovery. She was last seen tormenting her brother and dancing.
i am VERY familiar with that disorder.
ReplyDeleteI actually don't mind that so much, as long as there is no whining involved.
ReplyDeleteAlthough the Tongginator sometimes displayed impressive cases of this disorder, I believe *ahem* that I was the absolute worst. My momma tells me that - directly after rising - I used to stand in my crib, waking the entire household with my rather loud scream of "Eat! Eat!"
ReplyDeleteOh yes. This disorder runs rampant in our home. As a preventative measure, we have definitely become a house of snacking. Consistent snacking. Even me.
ReplyDeleteI think we have that, too! I saw her post about MM and the ruffles - maybe he'll like them now that he's eaten! lol
ReplyDeleteOK, TM wins this one :) I can't get over the "I'm too cranky to eat" though. (But now that I say that, Mimi does it all the time...)
ReplyDeleteOH yes, we have issues with that as well!! It takes awhile, but some sort of distraction (coloring, movie, with some graham crackers thrown in for good measure) usually work for us. It doesn't help that she's cutting some teeth...
ReplyDeleteYes, we're very familiar with this illness too!
ReplyDelete