Hey, everybody. Happy Friday!! It's cold outside, and the leaves have mostly been blasted off of the trees by the frigid gusts this morning.
So...let's have a little chuckle, yeah?
I know there are groups that we all love to make fun of - blonds, celebrity moms, "they"...and rednecks.
Now, if you know me...you know that I come from awful proud redneck stock, thankyewverymuch.
However, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. It's hard to get any further from Alabama than Puget Sound...unless you move to Alaska. (My dad tried it - he said it was cold and full of bears.)
So, when I saw this little beauty pop up into my inbox the other day...I just knew I had to share.
(Received from "The Good Clean Funnies List" (gcfl@gcfl.net))
Bluenecks: Northerners (Opposite of Rednecks)
YOU JUST MIGHT BE A BLUENECK IF...
- Instead of referring to two or more people as "Y'all," you
call them "you guys," even if both of them are women. Guilty
- You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside." Yup
- You think Heinz Ketchup is REALLY SPICY. BBJ thinks anything sour or hot is "'picy", so yeah
- You would never stop to buy something somebody was cooking
on the side of the road. I'd love to pretend this was wrong...
- You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire
sauce" correctly. Wor-shteh-shire. What's the problem?
- You don't know what a moon pie is. I know, but I've never eaten a "real" one...
- You've never had an RC Cola. 'fraid not
- You've never, ever eaten okra -- fried, boiled, or
pickled. I have...just never outside of Alabama!
- You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork. Too fussy for me...I'm all about getting dirty!
- You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've
seen are on road trips. Oh, come ON! That's just silly. Unless you're from California?
- You have no idea what a polecat is. Ok, no...I don't know what a polecat is. I just know they're skinny.
- You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on
your dog. If dogs are as difficult to dress as squirmy baby boys, then...yeah. I see a problem!
- You don't have bangs. Does sideswept hair count?
- You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow
up to get his own TV fishing show. Well, if the show brought in the money...then bring it on!
- You've never eaten and don't know how to make a tomato
sandwich. Oh, but I LOVE me a good tomato sandwich.
- You think more money should go to important scientific
research at your university than to pay the salary of the
head football coach. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *sniff* Sorry.
- You don't even have one can of WD-40 somewhere around the
house. I think I have one somewhere..Dad would be disappointed if I didn't!
- You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed
stores. Umm, no.
- You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e.,
Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe
Dan, Mary Alice) Heh BBJ = Bubba Jyu
- You don't know any women with male names (i.e., Tommie,
Bobbie, Johnnie, Jimmie) Myrnie, not a WORD. You too, Lo Gung.
- None of your fur coats are homemade. *snort*
Received from Laugh & Lift.
So...how'd y'all do? *smile* Happy Friday!
YOU JUST MIGHT BE A BLUENECK IF...
- Instead of referring to two or more people as "Y'all," you
call them "you guys," even if both of them are women. Guilty
- You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside." Yup
- You think Heinz Ketchup is REALLY SPICY. BBJ thinks anything sour or hot is "'picy", so yeah
- You would never stop to buy something somebody was cooking
on the side of the road. I'd love to pretend this was wrong...
- You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire
sauce" correctly. Wor-shteh-shire. What's the problem?
- You don't know what a moon pie is. I know, but I've never eaten a "real" one...
- You've never had an RC Cola. 'fraid not
- You've never, ever eaten okra -- fried, boiled, or
pickled. I have...just never outside of Alabama!
- You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork. Too fussy for me...I'm all about getting dirty!
- You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've
seen are on road trips. Oh, come ON! That's just silly. Unless you're from California?
- You have no idea what a polecat is. Ok, no...I don't know what a polecat is. I just know they're skinny.
- You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on
your dog. If dogs are as difficult to dress as squirmy baby boys, then...yeah. I see a problem!
- You don't have bangs. Does sideswept hair count?
- You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow
up to get his own TV fishing show. Well, if the show brought in the money...then bring it on!
- You've never eaten and don't know how to make a tomato
sandwich. Oh, but I LOVE me a good tomato sandwich.
- You think more money should go to important scientific
research at your university than to pay the salary of the
head football coach. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *sniff* Sorry.
- You don't even have one can of WD-40 somewhere around the
house. I think I have one somewhere..Dad would be disappointed if I didn't!
- You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed
stores. Umm, no.
- You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e.,
Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe
Dan, Mary Alice) Heh BBJ = Bubba Jyu
- You don't know any women with male names (i.e., Tommie,
Bobbie, Johnnie, Jimmie) Myrnie, not a WORD. You too, Lo Gung.
- None of your fur coats are homemade. *snort*
Received from Laugh & Lift.
So...how'd y'all do? *smile* Happy Friday!
That's so me. :)
ReplyDeleteY'all, how could you NOT know that a polecat is a weasel??? -- Signed a woman with a traditionally male first name whose daughter has two first names
ReplyDelete(Heh)
umm...yeah, so I'm redneck...big time. No surprise there from ANYONE who knows me, where I grew up, and where we currently live. ;)
ReplyDeleteand TM, I thought a Polecat was a skunk. Just asked Dh, and he agreed, skunk....you know, because they have POLE going down their back.
http://www.answers.com/topic/skunk-polecat-wood-pussy
polecat - American musteline mammal typically ejecting an intensely malodorous fluid when startled; in some classifications put in a separate subfamily Mephitinae
and...umm...yeah, I didn't know a skunk was actually a member of the weasel family.
and yes, my name is the feminine form of Charles....which means manly.
ReplyDeleteand hello...my oldest son? John Mark.
yep...as redneck as they come.
Bwahahaha!
ReplyDeleteAnd all this talk about fried chicken and okra's making me hungry for southern food.