(Kids, I've got to be honest - this NaBloPoMo thing is kickin' my trash. I think I'm going to bow out. Thoughts?)
I really intended to do this whole NaBloPoMo thing this year, but it's become a stress, instead of something fun. Instead of blogging, I find myself trying to get a handle on the Christmas gifts, take care of two kids (one with a cold...which actually leaves me with MORE free time, as he's s sleeping a LOT during the day) and a new found preoccupation with geneology.
If you need me, I'll be here...looking for Great, great, great, great, great great great Uncle Aaron. Because someone else said his name was Anthony. And it's messing with my mind.
(PS - Any great free geneology resources? Besides www.familysearch.org? Has anybody used a paid membership to www.Ancestry.com? Is it worth it?)
I was wondering where you've been. :)
ReplyDeleteHubby keeps the family tree on his side of the family. My side? Supposedly one of the uncles in San Francisco is taking care of that, although I don't know how updated it is (probably only up to our generation). He's able to trace our bloodlines to --get this -- some emperor (!) or something. I'm not really so into it, although it would be nice to show the kids and talk to them about their ancestors beyond their grandparents.
Sorry Little Mr. is sick... :o(
ReplyDeleteHave you tried pilot.familysearch.org? Ancestry.com is good, but I don't want to pay for a membership. The King County library has a subscription that you can use (but only at their libraries, ugh), so you might want to check out your local library to see what resources they have available. Cyndislist.com has a lot of great resources. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteOf course, being in Utah, our public library subscribes to Ancestry.com, and, with my handy dandy library card number, I can access it through their website online. Isn't that cool?
ReplyDeleteI've not done a *lot* of family history, but I did recently stumble across http://www.genealogywise.com/, which is a genealogy social network site, like facebook for genealogy.
Have fun and enjoy the journey!!
Re NaBloPoMo, I'm impressed with what you've managed.
ReplyDeleteBut when it's no longer fun, and you do blog for fun.... kind of doesn't make sense.
And I think it's awesome that you can trace your family tree that far back!
Live first, blog second. When blogging no longer feels fun, you need to make some changes. *grin*
ReplyDelete