A stay-at-home Mormon Mom, raising a small Eurasian family, crafting and sewing when the mood strikes her, and loving every minute of it!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
A Big Problem...
......a simple solution.
It's been cold here, y'all. Real cold. So cold, even the animals are staying hidden. Usually, after a snow, my backyard is criss-crossed with a myriad of tracks...deer, neighborhood dogs, squirrels, geese. This week? Nothing. No tracks. Not one.
Ladies and gentlemen, that is cold. (We're talking 20's that feel like single digits, and single digits at night that make it feel like....well, really, really cold.)
I'm trying to find the silver lining in all of this cold...so here's what I've got.
1. With this dry cold, the snow can easily be cleared with a low-powered leaf blower. (By the hubs...not me. Do you think I'm crazy?! It's cold outside!!)
2. Grocery shopping this weekend, combined with errands. We bought milk, cream, fruit and soy sauce at 10:30, and didn't get them out of the car until 3:00. The soy sauce had a layer of ice on the top. No worries about spoiling dairy here!
3. ......umm....wait. I know there's something else. Oh, I know! The view out my back window: snow (not the leaves I couldn't get raked during the fall) and ice skaters on the lake. Nice! A Norman Rockwell winter scene.
What do you like about the cold? What do you do when it's 6 degrees outside?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

maybe, maybe.... you can finally try on those thermal underwear and snow pants you spent a fortune on. See if they work as well as they claim.
ReplyDeleteNo?
Sigh.
It has been cold here too.
I...ummm....I got nothin'. Make a pie!
ReplyDeleteWhat do I like about the cold?! Do you realize where I live? 6 degrees *might* happen one day out of every 5 years or so. So, "cold" for me is 40 degrees or so...and not a single darn thing!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAlthough, when it was in the 20-30s for a week recently it was nice to go grocery shopping and not have to worry about milk spoiling on the drive home. Yes, when it hits 100 degrees we worry about milk spoiling just driving home from the store (it can take about 20-30 minutes some days).
I've been complaining that it's getting cold here again, as it usually does any CNY, but I guess I shouldn't anymore, eh? :)
ReplyDelete