Hmm.....first up: Su, from Vively Online asks:
So, what's your favorite movie?
What did you do with all that extra time, before you had kids? Did you "waste" it all like me?
Uh, which foot do you put your socks on first.... have you ever noticed?
Favorite movie? I think it changes with my time of life. However, the one classic that has seen me through the past 15 years is Pride and Prejudice. I have a deep and abiding love for Mr. Darcy. *ahem* (And may I just add that I died a little inside when I saw Colin Firth in a movie last year and he was playing the aging father. That's just not RIGHT!)
Hmm....extra time, before I had kids? "Waste" it??? Me?! NEVER.
Ok, here's how it worked out: I met Lo Gung in January. At that point, I was working as a temp and having fun seeing different areas of Seattle. One of my old employers approached me three times, each time with a successively better offer, to come back and work for her. I ended up going back.
In June, Lo Gung and I were engaged to be married, and in November we sealed the deal. I was still working for my old employer. The questions, of course, started pouring in - When are you going to have kids?
"We're going to wait." I'd say, with a grin.
And we did...just until I got fired from that job (long story, but yes...I'm a retired Office Pooper Scooper) and the questions stopped coming in. Or, in laymen's terms, approximately a month and a half.
While I was pregnant, I pretty much felt sorry for myself for the first three months, and watched a lot of Buffy and Angel on the couch. I could have gone to get another job, but, frankly....I didn't want to, and we both knew I was going to stay home after the baby was born anyhow.
After I got tired of watching witches and vampires kill each other with rose thorns, I spent a lot of time hanging out with my older (heh) sister across the street, and her 18 month old. (That was the point when I decided my kids should be about 18 months apart. Ernie was INVALUABLE to prego ol' me - she could find my shoes for me when I couldn't even find the floor.)
Then BBJ was born, and I haven't watched TV since. (Not during the day, anyhow.)
Finally...socks. I'll have you know, Su, that I thought, and I thunk and I thinked some more...and I always put my right sock on first. Right shoe, too, if can help it. I put my right leg into my pants first, and my right arm into my shirt sleeves.
(Siu Jeun and MiMi "meet" for the first time, June 2008 The cousins are exactly three months apart.)
This was fun, guys!! Leave some more questions in the comments, and I'll round them up and answer them....when I feel like it.
Oh, that's cute --I'm always RIGHT!
ReplyDeleteColin Firth is still very dashing. Have you heard him speak Italian? Yeah, he's still got it.
ReplyDeleteRetired Office Pooper Scooper? You have a way with words, pal :)
Lol, I didn't really expect you to answer the sock question. But cool, you did. I'm a left first girl. Maybe because my balance is better on the right?
And "I'm always RIGHT"? **groan** haha
Oh you didn't just post a picture of me 8 months pregnant, with my socks matching my t-shirt...I'm not responsible for the socks! I couldn't see my feet! I...I... :)
ReplyDeleteAwww. You guys are so adorable in that picture of the two of you when you were pregnant.
ReplyDeleteOMG...you're twin! hahhahahaa how cute :)
ReplyDeleteCute picture! I think that's about the time I met both of you (well re-met anyways :)
ReplyDeleteOh, that picture of you and Myrnie is the cutest thing ever. I love her matching socks and shirt! I bet your family was so excited you guys were pregnant at the same time.
ReplyDelete