Friday, February 5, 2010

15 Minutes





......of pure peace. I've never seen her focus like that. She watched how I did it - press the dough out, roll it with the pin, roll it up into a loaf.

She smacked, and whacked, and rolled and smoothed for 15 minutes. I love that I can pass on this craft to my kids. I hope Siu Jeun will want to play in the kitchen with us someday!

BBJ often asks me if Siu Jeun can come bake with us. "No, honey. Not quite yet. Let's wait until he can stand on a chair without knocking it over, and knead bread without licking it."

We could be waiting a while.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Give him a bit of dough in his high chair- worst that happens is he eats it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...let him "play" with it in his high chair.

    and umm...where did you get that mat to roll it out on?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute - I'm not supposed to lick my dough? Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, I really could use some peace. Yeah..... I think I'll be "baking" tomorrow morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!