A stay-at-home Mormon Mom, raising a small Eurasian family, crafting and sewing when the mood strikes her, and loving every minute of it!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Do you ever...
Sometimes I just stare at my kids and wonder. What are they thinking about? Are they thinking about nothing? Are they wondering what I'm thinking? (One of my daughter's favorite things to say, after I've lost my temper, is "Are you happy, Mommy?" Because nothing can move forward until Mommy is happy. We butt heads a lot, but because of this particular trait, our arguments are always short lived. As in, moments.)
I adore my kids...and I love that, every day, I'm learning new things about them. BBJ has deepened her love and adoration for all things Princess. She has now learned a few new Princess Songs, and sings them while clomping around in her Hello Kitty "glass slippers." (They're foam sandals...but a friend said they were glass slippers, and so...reality must bend to whimsy.)
Siu Jeun continues to delight and amaze. He's such a little ham, and loves to make people laugh. This afternoon, I told him it was time to get in the car. He picked up a block he had been playing with and started to follow me...then suddenly turned around, and grabbed the toy house that went with the block and tried to make his way to the car, arms loaded with plastic, and a worried look on his face, as if he was afraid that I would leave without him. Tonight, as we were getting tucked into bed, he suddenly sprouted an ear to ear grin and THREW himself onto the bed...just to hear us laugh.
I love these two, and I'm so enjoying this time with them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

They're sweet hearts :)
ReplyDeleteHaving to deal with whining and tantrums aside, parenting is a joy, isn't it? :)
ReplyDeleteAww... sweet.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, what in the world goes on in their minds. Someone please enlighten us....