*Spoiler alert! If you do not want to know what the guys sang tonight, or what I thought of it...just move along. I won't be offended.
Part of me is kind of glad that we're almost down to the final 12 - this three-nights-a-week thing is killing me!
1. Lee Dewyze (Fireflies) - Hrm. I'm really torn. I ADORE this song. And I love it BECAUSE of the crazy voice that sings it. This isn't doing it for me. As much as I love Lee...I think this was a wrong song choice. (Kind of like a bass singing...Tiptoe Through the Tulips? Maybe not that bad, but...it didn't work for me.)
2. Alex Lambert (Trouble) - I feel like little Alex is finally coming into his own! This is a great song for him...kinda old, kinda country. And with that big ol' guitar across his middle, he looks way more comfortable. Overall - not too memorable, but a great job nonetheless.
3. Tim Urban (Hallelujah) - Hrm. First off, I adore this song. He is putting his own spin on it...and it's kind of country? (Has he been country before, and I just missed it?) Pretty good!
4. Andrew Garcia (Genie in a Bottle) - 1000 times better than last week as far as song choice. BUT! It's pretty pitchy. Ok, really pitchy. I don't think people give Christina Aguilara enough credit - she is an AMAZING artist and singer. It's really hard to cover her songs.
5. Casey James (You'll Think of Me) - THIS is the first time I've agreed that Casey should be a contender. This song is great for him - it makes him soulful, and "victim"...instead of just the apple of a cougar's eye. I loved it! I love that song...and he just made himself legitimate. (Randy?! "Safe Choice"?! Ok, fine. But SMART, too.)
6. Aaron Kelly (I'm Already There) - Ouch. Bad luck. Hearing this one just after Casey...it's not doing it for me. I think the song is just too low. He's having a really hard time holding the notes steady...and I think he might be in trouble.
7. Todrick Hall (Somebody to Love) - (Yea! There's those back-up singers! Is he the first one to use them this week?) It's like he missed some sort of a memo. He's bringing theatrics, dahling. He's bringing acid washed jeans and sparkles, dahling. There's no acoustic guitar, dahling. Is that allowed tonight? Well, as long as he can pull this song off...then, yes! A great job!
8. Big Mike (This Woman's Work) - Whoa. Ok, those first couple notes are going to have to be o.ver.come. But Big Mike is working the crowd...and I think he's going to be just fine. Until he ended in that crazy cat voice again. *facepalm* Takes guts, though! (Looks like the judges liked it, so what do I know.) (Ok, I've got to edit this. Apparently I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't really know the song. At all. And it made Kara cry...and I really respect her. So, there you go. He did great, I just didn't love those high notes for him, that's all. They seemed too thin.)
My picks to go home are....Aaron Kelly and Andrew Garcia. Bring on the Top 12!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!