
I'm not sure that anyone outside of New England knows about the crazy weather we've been having...so I thought I would enlighten you.
This isn't a great picture...but it's my backyard. What you can see are a few trees, a sandbox with a few toys in it, a stump, a Canadian Goose, and a slide (the edge of our playset.)
Here's another picture, of the same area, pre-rain.
In the first picture, I think the goose is actually standing on the cement retaining wall that separates our yard from the water. The wall usually extends about two feet above the water. Obviously, in the first picture, the water has risen as high as the wall, and then extended into our yard by at least 10 feet. Yikes!!!
(A few days after that storm, we had another one. It caught is totally off guard. However, I have GOOD! NEWS!. Between the storms, there were a few days of sunny 60-70 degree weather. During those few days, two awesome men were on the section of roof over our playroom removing several layers of old shingles, and installing flashing. The second storm? Was the! first! time! we came through a storm leak-free in our playroom. Can I get a WOOT?!)
Hooray for leak-free :)
ReplyDeleteWhoa. As someone who knows a *little* about rain, you know it's a lot when the LAKE floods. Yikes.
ReplyDeleteWOOT! ;)
ReplyDeletew00t
ReplyDelete;)
Yay! I know how you feel about *finally* being leak-free... it's like how we felt when our upstairs neighbor *finally* stopped thumping and making really disturbing noises all night, every night for at least 4 months!!
ReplyDeleteAck! I mean, Woot! But ack for your poor sandbox, etc. Wow! I had no idea. Hope you're drying off nicely now. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope y'all know how to swim. Heh. Glad you are leak-free finally. Wanna take bets as to when that sand will dry?
ReplyDeleteI hereby discontinue complaining about our sandbox that was left without lid last week.
ReplyDelete