If you don’t remember my RIVETING collection of “treasures” from my childhood, please go here to refresh your memory.
Got it? Ok, good. Moving on.
Here are the rest of my little trinkets and treasures! (Ok, here’s your warning – these are meant to be quite, quite funny. These are a collection of gifts, and my own early artistic endeavors. I’m going to leave if to you to guess which ones were made by me…and which ones were gifts and/or handmade by my friends’ considerably more talented mothers. Good luck! Heh.)
Clockwise, from top left – Twin bears in matching togs; a sad one-eyed cinnamon stick doll; a bunny I must have made when I was young; the remarkable hand-sewing I used to stitch up the bottom.
The excellent stitching on the UNDERside of my bunny (heh); a black castle, complete with mote, that I made in fifth grade; a very sad Apple Granny; a model of a cell.
(So sad…a few of my things couldn’t escape the mold and dust of 15 years, and had to go in the trash.)
A parrot (trust me) that I carved from a foam block; a duck (what did you think it was?!); a sweet little otter
And there you have it! All of my “treasures” from my past. *snort* So, tell me, if you were to go back to your 13 year old self…what kind of “treasures” would you have packed up?
I don't know what age but my parents had a cedar chest they stored for me. It has my childhood toys in it. I was not artsy and craftsy so these were not homemade, but still the toys I grew up with. I still even have my first Cabbage Patch doll in there that I got for my birthday and it was propped up in the window of the van as I got picked up from school. I remember being ecstatic about seeing it while running to the van. Mr. Peapod is there too. I slept with him when I was little.
ReplyDeleteThese are so cute and interesting. Even better than you have them all this time!
ReplyDeleteLittle treasures.