Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Boy that Loved His Cake

IMG_6960

Once upon a time, there was a boy. He….well, he loved sweets. His first solid food may or may not have been dark chocolate covered pomegranate jellies. Maybe. Possible. Ok, yes, fine, they probably weren’t the FIRST solid food, but they were definitely in the rotation as soon as he could chew. (He would get so mad when his sister and I would each take one, and he didn’t get any!)

Anyhow….he likes sweets. And he’s very good at asking for sweets, in several different languages, by name.

Mommy, ta’nny??” (Candy)

Mommy, tong tong??” (Candy again)

Mommy, cookie??””

“Mommy, beng beng??” (Cookie again)

“Mommy….caaaaaake????”

Yes, dear. Of course, dear. Anything you ask for, dear.

Just please, for the love of all that is decent, please put away those sparkly brown eyes before you ask for something truly dangerous. Because I won’t be able to say no.

(Come on, it was a banana Bundt cake. That’s practically health food! And a perfect breakfast, wouldn’t you say? Check out the recipe here.)

IMG_6963

(Did I mention how very EFFICIENT this little dude is at his nomming? Yeah. If at all possible, he will first squash whatever he’s eating into one nice, compact, dense ball….just perfectly mouth-sized…and then shoooooove. Well, look at the picture up there. I’m sure you get the idea.)

5 comments:

  1. Oh but I love it! :) And he so reminds me of my little ones when they were that age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God help us parents of children with a sweet tooth --especially if they have `the look`down pat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this, ahem, thing about big brown bottomless eyes. I know exactly what you mean.

    So tell me, why is it I adopted a brown-eyed child? :)

    And I consider banana bundt cake health food, doesn't everyone? Hmmmm, that does sound good. I need to buy some bananas ... and let them go bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love his dirty little finger nails! So boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute pic! He made me want some banana bundh cake:)I make banana bread for breakfast. We all love everything with banana.
    Stopping by to say hi! I'm following you now. Have a great weekend!Hope to see you at my palace sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!