Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Latest Casualty

IMG_7523

Suggestions? My current plan is to:

1) Use wood glue (and clamps) to make the drawer front whole again.

2) Use pliers to remove the old staples.

3) Use more wood glue to glue the drawer front back to the drawer.

4) Use a staple gun to doubly secure everything.

 

Anyone have any better ideas??

5 comments:

  1. You might be able to fix it with pocket holes. I have a kreg jig if you want to use it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol.... I'm not sure about the duct tape plan,
    BUT I don't have anything constructive to add either.
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll fix it to make it stronger than before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. All of the above. And if you can, buy drawers with dovetailed facing on them.

    I have two sets of junked drawers I need to get rid of....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er, buy a new one? You're definitely handi-er than I am!

    I currently have a shoe cabinet with one of the doors missing (!) Other than that, it's perfectly fine, but what an eyesore! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!