Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Review of Women's Puddles Rain Boots in Grey / Fuchsia Argyle


My New Nomad Boots!
By Aunt LoLo from Seattle, WA on 11/11/2010
4out of 5
Sizing: Feels half size too big
Width: Feels true to width
Pros: Comfortable, Easy To Clean, Cute
Cons: Not Great for walking
Best Uses: Cold Weather, Casual Wear, Shopping in the Rain
Describe Yourself: Comfort-oriented
*disclaimer - both boots mentioned in this review were provided, free of charge, in exchange for a review on my blog.

I purchased the Nomad Yippy rainboots at the end of summer, thinking that the slight heel would be perfect for night-time shopping runs in the rain - the heel would keep my hems out of the puddles!

I was right about the heel...but wrong about the boot. The Yippy was SO narrow on my elephantine foot, it took major effort to get it off at the end of the night!

So, a few weeks ago, when another review opportunity came my way, I went with a more traditional boot. As soon as it came, I was in love!

I love the bright colors, love that it's sized wide so I can wear thick wool socks in the winter and keep warm and dry, and love that they're so easy to get on and off. If I could change anything, I would make the boot just a smidge wider at the top. I have calves on the larger side of normal (*ahem*) and would like just a little more wiggle room up there. (That said, there is a buckle on the side of the boot that, if undone, would allow the boot to be just a smidge wider. But who wants an undone buckle flapping around on the side of their boot?!)

I would definitely recommend these boots to a friend.

(PS, Friends? I've got another CSN giveaway coming up. $55 this time, and just in time for the holidays! Stay tuned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!