Just a little something to make you wonder. Or make you laugh. Or possibly both.
The other day, while Siu Jeun sat in his high chair having a snack, I was bustling around the kitchen tidying up. He begins to babble a bit, and then looks at me. "Mommy? Heavn'y Father...Jesus Christ....coming. Coming here."
And then he continues to eat his Nutella on wheat bread while I try to figure out what to do next.
Now, you tell me - what would you have thought?!
(Thoughts going through my mind included:
1) What on EARTH has he been learning about in Nursery?!
2) Does he know something I don't know?
I'm actually going to go with Number 1. He has a hard time with tenses, and "coming" could very well have meant "came"...which would make a lot more sense. But still. A little unsettling for 2:30 in the afternoon on a Thursday!)
(Example of the tense issue: When it gets dark outside: "Mommy! Darking!" When HE would like to help ME do something: "Mommy! Help! Me!" And heaven help the mommy who thinks he's asking for help!)
Oh, and not to leave Ming Wai out. Tonight, as we were driving around in the pitch black (it WAS 4:30 in the afternoon, after all!), she expressed displeasure that she couldn't have the lights on in the car so she could see the Toys R' Us catalog she was carefully ogling. I explained that we couldn't leave the lights on inside the car because it might run the battery down and then the car wouldn't start the next time! (Ok, I have no idea if I'm right, but I don't want to start any new trends, ya know?!) After that had sunk in, she politely said, "But, mama, if I can't see the pictures, it just isn't delightful!"
And then I melted.
The end.
So, it won't run the battery down while you are driving. But still not a good idea, as the glare the interior light causes is bad for driver visibility.
ReplyDeleteOut of the mouths of Babes....I stand in wonder at what children say all the time.
ReplyDeleteAwww....well, Ming Wai needs delightful things, I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteUnsettling, indeed! I totally would have thought number 2!
ReplyDeleteLOL Delightful. That's awesome.
ReplyDeleteOf course, Mommy, everyone knows it's more DELIGHTFUL to keep the lights on in the car! How did you not know that? (Which I did and forgot to turn off when we got out and left them on the whole night. Three guesses on whether I could start the car the following day..)
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteI love cute stories about your kids. Sure, kids are hard work, but when they do things like that, it just makes you smile....