But then…that rush starts to fade. What was once your most treasured bauble becomes just commonplace. Everyone has seen it, nobody is impressed…and you’re feeling a little blue.
Then, the unthinkable happens. It’s gone. And you. want. it. back.
Mmm…delicious, Mommy! Mommy, it’s all gone. Can I have another one?
……
What do you mean, there aren’t any more??!
Life’s just not fair, kid. Especially where jewelry is involved. And candy.
Actually, especially where candy is involved. Remember that. It will serve you well in a few years.
Sincerely,
Your (mean) Mama
PS – Yes, I’m awful for taking, and posting those pictures…but I want to save them for posterity! SJ’s temper tantrums are short-lived, but quite animated. We’re talking 2-3 minutes of fist pounding, face smacking, floor stomping crying. And then? He’s done. You’ve just got to get through those three minutes without giving in…
PPS – Did you see what I did there? His was blue…and now he feels bl….oh, never mind.
Poor little guy! It's just terrible when the ring pop goes away! (I can't believe he sat there and ate an entire ring pop...I always have to confiscate them when the kids get up to play!)
ReplyDeleteLike Myrnie, my first thought was disbelief that he ate it all! I don't think any of mine ever finished one of those things.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've seen these over here yet... which is just as well! :)
ReplyDeleteKung hey fat choy!!
Jewelry and candy seem to come with their fare share of disappointment, lol. LOVE the picture with his hands over his eyes!
ReplyDeleteThe Tongginator has NEVER managed to finish one of those things. Which means that I? Am impressed.
ReplyDelete