Sorry to tease y’all with that test post. I’ve been having some issues with Windows Live Writer, and tonight I uninstalled, and re-installed, the program. Success! Add to that a house full of LoLo’s for the past few weeks, and you’ve got a very lonely blog.
SURPRISE! I’m back.
In case you missed it, last Thursday was Chinese New Year. Earlier that week, my sister Myrnie and I put together a little party for the little ones.
A few paper decorations for the Casa.
Some finger painting. For the older kids, I painted black “twigs” onto their paper, and they added thumbprint “blossoms.”
While the kids were working, they had a special visitor. Some of the kids were more excited to see him than others…
MaMa fed him choi (greens) and he, in turn, went around the room wishing everybody a happy new year.
And doling out kisses. *MWAH*
After that, we changed into our “party clothes”, and it was time! to! go! outside! Obviously, my oldest niece (Ernie) and Siu Jeun were pretty excited. (Oh, and please give a big warm welcome to Siu Jeun’s “muh muh” and “un yun.” Yes, he named them himself. We are so proud. MuMu and Onion are a necessary part of life around here.)
Ming Wai was rather disappointed when she realized that her mother had a dress….and she had pants. Not even the addition of “puppy” to our family picture could get a smile out of her. (The dress, by the way, was my “Chinese” wedding dress. This was my first time wearing it in over 5 years. I’m telling you, the sigh of RELIEF when I realized it still zipped was audible all through my house! My mother in law was concerned. She thought I had fainted or stepped on a spider or something else equally traumatic.)
However, a pile of compliments, a hug and some tickles will go a long way towards coaxing a giggle from our little Princess!
Wishing you all a very prosperous New Year! (And a big thank you to Aunt Myrnie, who took all these pictures. *mwah*)
I love that picture of you and your daughter. Candid photos are the best and shows all the personality. Very good pictures. (It also seems high time to get that girl a dress.)
ReplyDeleteWhat no props for bringing a DRESS that afternoon?? Sad day :)
ReplyDeleteLove it!! Big kudos to you for fitting in your chinese "wedding" dress. That takes hard work girly, and you should be very very proud of yourself.
ReplyDeleteLove the party wear, and looks like you guys celebrated in style. What fun!!
How fun! YAY for dresses that still fit!
ReplyDeleteCan Ming Wai be my daughter-in-law? She makes me smile.
You sure look purty in that dress. :)
ReplyDelete