Thursday, April 21, 2011

American Idol, Top 7–Results!

Kicking the night off with a sweet Ford commercial, and then our three white guys (sorry!) singing some Coldplay. This is interesting – Scotty is trying NOT to sound country, Casey is trying not to sound jazzy and James is trying…well, I don’t know what he’s trying, but he sounds country. Heh.

 

(Did I get that right…seven kids, minus two girls…minus our Hispanic hero and our gospel choir boy. That leaves….the three white boys. Interesting choice – I would have put Jacob’s and Stefano’s voices in there.)

 

Time for some results. Casey, stand up. Jacob, stand up. Casey, you are safe. Jacob, you are in the bottom three.

 

Time for one of my favorite winners – David Cook is debuting his new single. This…has potential. I think it will be better on the radio, quite honestly. It’s not mixed quite right, to my ear. I’ll be looking forward to hearing this on the radio! (Go here to hear it. And, yes, it sounds better mixed in a studio.)

 

A little vid clip of the kids having some fun and getting pampered…and back to the serious stuff. Lauren, James, and Stefano, head to the center of the stage. After the nationwide vote, Stefano you are in the bottom three. Lauren, you and James are safe!

 

Scotty and Hayley, you are up. Scotty, you are safe. Hayley, you are in the bottom three.

 

(Lo Gung interjects here, it doesn’t matter what they sing – it’s these three in the bottom.)

 

Hayley, you are safe. You can head back. First, let’s listen to Katie Perry sing something! And it’s…ET. (Why is this making me miss Adam Lambert? James has his fire, but his performances have NOTHING on Adam. *sigh*)

 

Time for some news…dim the lights, and here we go. After 52 million votes, the person who is leaving us tonight is…..Stefano. Stefano, I’m sure we’ll be hearing from you, seeing as you kinda sorta live half an hour from here.

 

Good luck, kid, and we’ll see the other 6 of you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how far he went. He held on for dear life the whole season.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!