Monday, May 2, 2011

Morning Crafts

IMG_8537

It surprises my friends when I tell them that I am a homeschooling mom. Then, I feel like I need to explain – we are homeschooling, yes, but it’s preschool.

IMG_8538

The beautiful thing about preschool is that there is very little of the heavy sciences, maths or anything else that requires lots of thought on my part.

IMG_8539

What we do have a lot of is nursery rhymes, letters and paint. Those are all things I am pretty good at.

IMG_8540

 

Extra bonus? Our lessons take about 30 minutes, tops. It leaves a lot of time for outdoor time, baking time, craft time and free-play time. Oh, and my kids’ personal favorite – snack time. Heh.

2 comments:

  1. Your post left me curious as to if you are planning on homeschooling more than preschool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johanna, I don't have any plans to homeschool past pre-k. We live near a wonderful elementary, and I think it will ne a good fit for Ming Wai. She has always been VERY shy, and preferred to stay home with me, but as she gets older, she is gaining confidence and social skills.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!